Foozle

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jhspaybar, Oct 20, 2011.

1. jhspaybar

jhspaybar Active Member

Sep 29, 2011
    #1 jhspaybar, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    Check out the first reply for a gameplay video!

Developer Info:
    This project started during the end of my summer break from UC Riverside in early August, and I'm proud to have already submitted to Apple with a target release date towards the end of October.

If you care a bit about who I am, and who I worked with to get this done, it turns out we're all college students! I was a college dropout, and car salesman for 8 years before returning to school just a year ago. My partners on the project are a brother/sister duo also both college students in Puerto Rico. She is an artist just finishing her BFA, and he is a little bit artist, and little bit engineer. Both helped change the style and art of the game multiple times before we finally decided on our current theme. I love the artwork and I hope you do too.

Game Description:

Bounce, roll, slide and swing while saving every Foozle™ you can!

A single touch will change the shape of a Foozle letting you solve interesting and complex puzzles.
    The controls are simple, the challenge is not.

✔A physics puzzler with charm
    ✔Immersive graphics environment
    ✔75 levels in 3 unique worlds
    ✔You'll want to save just 1 more Foozle
    ✔Play it again and again, fewer taps means a better reward

The Foozles aren't alone! You'll need to make use of rocks, bombs, bubbles and special platforms to help the cute yellow Foozles outsmart the mean red Foozles and foil their attacks.

**Developed by a team of college students**
    **Support the indie developer!**

In Foozle, you'll be tasked with tapping the Foozles to change their shape between square and circle. As their shapes change, they'll roll and slide as they interact with the environment. Normally, the cute and cuddly Foozles might be seen giving and receiving hugs, but all is not well in the land of Foozles. The red Foozles have rebelled, and rather than being cute and cuddly, they've become cunning and mean! In every level, you'll need to get the red Foozles off the screen while saving every yellow Foozle you encounter.

If you end up getting stuck, tips have been included in every level to keep you moving along.

Think you've beaten the game? Think again! Head back to get a gold trophy in every level, then keep your eye out for updates and new levels.

A special thanks to:
    Ricardo Quesada of Cocos2D-iPhone
    Erin Catto of box2D

Available soon in the app store for just $.99!
    Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Foozle

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Win a free copy!
    Well, the game isn't available on the app store yet, but it will be soon for just $.99. If you follow Foozle on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/Foozle you'll have a chance to win a free copy. As we head towards the release date I'll begin to post promo codes directly to the fan page, and may even pick a few lucky winners to have a code sent directly to them!

2. jhspaybar

jhspaybar Active Member

Sep 29, 2011

A short little clip showing off Foozle! We know it's not the best game preview ever, but we're programmers, not videographers :) Help us get off the ground with our first game(it plays great btw...we are programmers after all) and we promise game two will have an amazing video.

3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Do I get anything special? :D

4. jhspaybar

jhspaybar Active Member

Sep 29, 2011
    I love your screen name :) Once we start giving out promo codes I'll make sure we send one your way in a PM.

5. hapaninja

hapaninja Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Art Director for Soma Games and Code-Monkeys
    Portland, OR
    Very Rolando looking, but I like the use of circles and squares. Great personality in the characters too.