Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    I just got my second Sakura and my second Dodo. Back to Magnetic breeding.
    Good luck to all those still trying to get Sakura or Dodo's.

On a side note, I sold all my pan longs that I used to get golden shrines, and my DV park value fell by over half! Those things sure do add value! Oh well, had to be done.

2. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #3782 dean288367, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    This is the site I was referring to, don't know if it is an actual DV site but the link is on the DV official site under breeding:

http://www.2084.org/dragonvale/breeding-sandbox/

By disappearing I meant that it did not show as a possible result of mud/posion breeding which made no sense to me.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Good news though, I got my first Sakura this morning with girlpower's combo of Flower(15)/Tree(10). Have 2 more hours to see if my second one with the same combo is another one. Good luck to everyone still trying.

3. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congrats.....haha, you probably won't need to try the mud/poison combo now anyway .....fingers crossed your second one is Sakura too but if it ends up being a Lava, maybe stick with this same combo for a bit...
    Looking forward to the result now ;)

We need to hear some good news from Jazbo, Alyjens and anyone else still trying for theirs.....

4. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nice job Andy, congrats :)
    What did you use to get your Dodo's?
    Can I ask why you sold your panlongs, or did you mean they were spares in your hibernation cave?

5. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    The sandbox is not an official Backflip Studio's item. it's just a program that an avid fan developed....therefore it can always have flawed information, for you can never know when BFS will change their methodology in their program for breeding dragons. So when using the sandbox, consider it possible advice, but not gospel ;)

6. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Thanks Aly! And don't worry about it, you still have time for Sakura! *sends the luck over to those who still need it* ^^

7. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    #3787 Jazbodooley, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    I'm sooo ashamed

Hi Aly and Girlpower, I have a confession........i got fed up crying and, so embarrassed :p, I used REAL money this weekend.........and I bought the Sakura!!! £6.99 for a virtual dragon! What am I like??? But she is soooo pretty!!

I will slink away and hide my face in shame now :D:D

Good luck to you Aly, hope you get yours soon and hope you're not as week as me........

8. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Thanks. I used Earth (10) / Fog (10) for both Dodo's in the EBI. Had a few fog fails but they sell for 1mil anyway so that's not so bad. Good luck getting it!

My hibernation cave was full, so I sold off 40 Pan longs (15). All that food used and only got 40mil back lol... Still, they aren't doing any good in the cave.

9. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi again girlpower! Just posted on the Tribez thread and now back to my first love DV!! Many congrats on your second Sakura!! You'll see from my earlier post that I gave up trying (hanging my head in shame....) and I bought one, soooo sorry...... I did try your flower 15 tree 10 combo a couple of times but no luck.

Now to the dreaded DODO, not having any luck there either and I certainly won't be using real money on that one, 500 gems! I don't think so!

Just tried earth/fog, what a surprise, another fail! Back to the drawing board....:D. If you get a winning combo, do let me know!

10. Jazbodooley

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Not fair!

I don't believe it! I thought, having bought the Sakura dragon, it would be easy to breed a second, NOT SO!!

First attempt with Sakura and flower, got 10 hour timer so thought, yay! Not to be, got the dreaded Lava!! Second attempt with plant/Sakura and got a 14 hour timer so probably a tree! I give up...:mad:

11. icrit041905

icrit041905 Active Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Patience, My child.

12. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I bought the first I still had to use flower and tree to get my second dragon. I use the Sakura with others it does not work. I finally got a second like I said with flower and tree. My fingers are crossed for you and all who have not gotten one.

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3793 girlpower, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    LOL, I saw it last night, so was wondering when you were going to fess up.
    Considered for a moment whether you either bred or bought...I was swaying on the latter cause I was thinking if you bred it, you would have had posted in CAPITAL letters of excitement :p

All good Jazbo, you gave it a good go and only you know where your cut off point is....as long as you can justify your decision within.....you don't need to do so to us.....so hold you head up and celebrate your Sakura ;)

I tend to agree with TIMELESS about using your Sakura to get breed a second one.....not saying it won't happen, but knowing BS....wouldn't they think this is what DV players will do, so let's make that even harder to achieve?

Just a suggestion here......why don't you try the lvl 15 flower lvl 10 tree more than just a couple of times.....heck after trying quiet a few other lvls etc it still took me a few goes to get mine even doing back to back with this.....of course I got a tree, lava etc first....up to you of course.

As for DODO, I just keep trying with chrome/earth over and over.....have just tried same levels this time, but another 5 hr.
    I am starting to wonder it this combo may just not end up producing the desired effect like it has for others purely because I have been using this same combo consistently.....but then Sandstorm enters my head....say no more.
    I have used new chromes now and then but no go so far
    I know quiet a few incl Andy (thanks for the info) have been successful with earth/fog combo....I will try for a few more days, then maybe switch to this combo again for a bit.

I also still want a second Steel......

14. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    @ Alyjens.......
    any luck yet with your Sakura yet????
    Keep looking for a good news post from you :(

Hope you are feeling okay still, sending best wishes and a gem tomorrow x

15. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    @girlpower , second try on the Flower(15)/Tree(10) was a Lava:(

On the first try of the 15/10 combo that gave me a Sakura I had just leveled up a Flower from 10 to 15. So I leveled up my other Flower to 15 and got my second SAKURA!! Thank you. Good Luck to everyone else trying.
    Now back to trying to get my second Rainbow (a month and half and still trying). Any tricks for a Rainbow?

16. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    For my first (and only) Rainbow, I used Mud (level 10) and Blazing (also level 10) at my friend's suggestion. I think I put them in the EBI too...

17. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aww Dean, that's great news....those lavas are such a let down.
    LOL, I was going to reply suggesting you give the combo another few goes...that was before I finished reading your post....so nice to see it helped you as much as me....gotta be very happy with two Sakuras :D

Hmm, rainbow.....couldn't get a second one till I got my only LY, bred that with my only rainbow.......

I remember my rainbow combo was firefly/swamp or in reverse.....can have a look at ny notes if you want me to?
    Good luck with this one ;)

18. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't be ashamed...I figure if you are like me, you are saving $$ in the long run since DV takes up time that could be spent socializing with people...;)
    I promise we won't love you any less...

19. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I am in the same boat. Wondering if earth/chrome is not the combo for me...
    I guess I got lucky with my second steel as I thought breeding the first with metal was a sure thing. Tried new earths and leveling up...now to try one of my many new chromes :eek:

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #3800 girlpower, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    LOL :D:D:D.....love your anti socializing humor comment.....I'll even go as far as to say ‘Apple' have pretty much taken care of my social life (it's almost non existent) thanks to both iPhone & iPad ....think I am turning into an anti social hermit and my most used line with hubby is....‘yeah, I‘ll be there in a minute, I just gotta finish something on my iPad'....he seems to have perfected the ‘art' of eye rolling these days :rolleyes: