Atomic Pinball Collection (APC)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Anders, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Hey guys!

Some exciting news! We are about to release our new pinball game (it's been submitted about a week ago), called Atomic Pinball Collection (just Atomic or APC from now on). And yes, it's now an arcade. We love Pinball Arcade, and their business model, so we are heavily inspired by it. What it means is that all tables are free to try up to a certain score. If you like it, buy it. If not, well you haven't spent any money.

So this will be a new app, under the company Color Monkey instead. We feel that the brand is stronger and hopefully will attract more sales, which in turn means more tables. The old app will cease to exist. But if you have purchased it, you will always have access to it.

Now, *some* might remember about a new version of Robobot? It was mentioned like 10 years ago. We have the new version ready, Robobot 2 I guess you can call it. Some will like it. Some purists will always prefer the original. So, since we put the reimagined Robobot in the new game, you will still have access to the old version. It also means, that if you have bought the first game, you will have to buy the new one as well. I know you will feel screwed over, sorry about that.

Atomic will feature two tables; Masks of Glory and Revenge of the Rob-o-bot. All tables are designed to be fully functional as real physical pinball tables. Enough text, here are some pictures.

[​IMG]

MASKS OF GLORY

Set in the Mexican wrestling scene Lucha Libre, Masks of Glory is a fun and challenging table. With a Tequila Bar, insane multi-ball, chickens, Bumper Mania, piñatas, the Good-vs-Evil-meter, illegal moves, lowriders, and tacos, there is always something to do, or eat.

You are the underdog trying to beat the other contenders like the bullying Diabeto, El Ligre, Carnal Muerte, the annoying Los Hermanitos Gallitos brothers and the playboy El Fantastico with hair so greasy you can almost feel it.

But beware of El Diablo, the current reigning champion. He is big and bad, and his breath is even worse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

REVENGE OF THE ROB-O-BOT

This re-imagined version of the classic is back with more missions, updated graphics, new sounds (meet the new Betty!) and an even meaner Rob-O-Bot!

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Since ROB-O-BOT has got the best physics out there and oozes some personal charm the Zen tables can only dream of, I cannot wait for this! Checking the App Store every hour!

3. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    A bit late but,whoa! Best news on TA this year for me. I still fire up Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot almost every day. I really hope it gets through before the shutdown.
    Thanks Anders for bringing this out. I'll blindly buy every table that comes out.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Very cool!

Always nice to see more quality ios pinball!

6. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Hey guys, thanks for your support!

I'm sorry to say it won't be out this year but instead very early next year, January 9th. We really wanted to release it before Christmas but it was a rushed decision.

Sorry for letting you guys down.

7. HerbertKornfeld

HerbertKornfeld Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I am so looking forward to this. Please charge a healthy amount for this, so that your long time fans can pay you what you deserve. If you want to widen your net, maybe put it on sale a little later, and make a play for the masses. Or include an in-app tipping feature. Or sell in-app hats, or fancy new balls, or horse armor!

Also, let's see this thing in action! Do you have any video produced yet?

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You didn't let anyone down! And it's not long of a wait! What's worth having is worth waiting for! ;)

9. Behnam

Behnam Well-Known Member

Hey Anders,

Congrats on your new arcade! Been waiting for this for a very long time.

What about the original Rob-o-Bot? You keep talking about the purists, and how they probably will love the original more. I just want to know what you guys want to do with the original one.

What if the next version of iOS completely breaks the game like iOS 7 did with it's keyboard? Will you guys still support the old one, or just focus on this new app?

Also what is the minimum requirement for your new app? I am still stuck on 5.1.1 because of some of my favorite apps and their devs leaving them (they got the iOS 7 keyboard bug), as I am fearing you are about to do with the original Rob-o-Bot.

10. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    We'll see how long we keep updating the old Rob-O-Bot. It depends on what kinds of problems we run into.

Umm not sure which version we require for the new app, I'll have to get back to you about that.

11. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    APC requires iOS 7.0 which means about 95% of all iOS users can play it. So yeah maybe time to upgrade? :)

12. Behnam

Behnam Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer Anders,

As I mentioned some of my favorite apps (now abandoned by their devs) will not work with newer versions of iOS. Have had this dilemma for years now. Do I really want to upgrade to a newer version of iOS and lose access to what I have now, or simply go for it and go for the new world of apps I still haven't had the ability to give a spin...

By the way, what are your plans with android? Seems like forever since the last update. Are you still supporting that and will APC ever be released there?

13. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Perhaps there are other alternatives for those apps? Which apps are they, if you care to share?

Android version just recently got updated (Jan 5th). APC might see the light on Android some day, not right now though. We will focus on making the iOS version really great first before we will consider porting it to Android.

For Robobot, Android had about 50% less sales than iOS, so it's hard not to prioritise iOS first.

14. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Where is it?
    Really looking forward to it.

15. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    Hey,

it will be out any minute now. It's currently "Processing for App Store".

We found a nasty camera bug right now in Rob-O-Bot so we have been discussing whether we should release this version or upload a new version and wait 5-7 more days.

But we decided to release it now and submit a bug fix as well, which should be out in a couple of days.

16. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
  17. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #17 amusing Grace, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Thanks for the quick reply and best wishes for you and the team!

EDIT: and it's out in the German Store

18. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Sweden
    It appears to be out now, go download!

Price for Masks is $2.99 and $0.99 for Rob. Worth noticing is that the reason Rob is so cheap is that people who bought the old version can get the new version for cheap. We will increase it in a week.

Plus the multiball camera in Rob is sort of broken, so it feels better for us to give you guys a discount until the fix is out.

19. HerbertKornfeld

HerbertKornfeld Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I’m so excited to finally play this!

And I’m not so worried about the multiball bug in Rob-O-Bot. If it's anywhere near as difficult as the original version, it’ll take me weeks until I can get my first multiball. So it’ll probably be fixed before I can even notice that there’s a bug.

Good luck with the launch!