My new blog on app marketing

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by poisenden, May 24, 2013.

1. poisenden

poisenden Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
    #1 poisenden, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    Heyo everyone! I launched my latest blog, on which I will be covering everything about app marketing. I have a lot of good content planned out for the next couple of months that I'm sure you will want to read about, so come check out the blog. My blog is aimed for indie developers that need a few tips on marketing on the App Store. I also appreciate feedback or comments of any kind.

http://www.globalwhirl.com/

Note - There are no ads on the site, and im not trying to sell you anything. Just a free resource for developers that need a few tips on marketing. If you have any suggestions for the blog, please get in touch!

2. Glandalu

Glandalu Member

May 15, 2013
    Professional hobbit
    Tresaria
    Had a quick look and looks helpful. Any posts on how to market, publicise would be very very useful.

3. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
    Looks very nice! I just launched similar blog at http://www.appfreak.net/ - maybe we can do some article exchange in future?

4. poisenden

Jan 26, 2012
    @RV3 yeah I'm sure we can work something out.

5. Eclectic

Eclectic Well-Known Member

I too have a game marketing blog. I have been around the industry since 1978 and have worked on the marketing of many #1 games.
    The blog has over 900 articles and has had well over a million visitors.
    Here is the url: http://www.bruceongames.com/

Also if anyone in the industry wants to Linkin then feel free. I have well over a thousand connections, mostly game industry. uk.linkedin.com/in/bruceeveriss/

6. pat3ck

pat3ck Active Member

If I may suggest a post, maybe tackle something along the line of how to market your app for free (or low-cost methods). Good luck with your site, btw.

7. Eclectic

Eclectic Well-Known Member

8. poisenden

Jan 26, 2012
  9. game.io

game.io Active Member

Apr 24, 2013
    @poisenden I read your blog and pretty useful tips which I also find them true. Keep up the good work :)

10. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Nice ,thank you for sharing

11. poisenden

Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks, I'll try to keep it up. I'm on vacation right now so it might be a few days before new content goes up. Please bookmark the page, because the traffic really does mean a lot to me.

Also, I want some opinions on the site name. Do you think globalwhirl.com is a good name for it? Any suggestions for better names? Thanks!

12. Toons

Toons New Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Great work! I particularly like the article regarding "Myth of App Review Site". May be you can write on article regarding how to rejuvinate an App/Game that is loosing its visibility or barely making any downloads at all. That would help the new developers.

13. poisenden

Jan 26, 2012
    I'll keep it in mind. I'm currently writing a short ebook that will basically contain all the steps needed for marketing. From the pre-launch to (like you said) reviving apps that are dead.

14. R3v

R3v Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    CMO @ PIXEL FEDERATION
  15. NarrowStreet

NarrowStreet Well-Known Member

Interesting reading. Thank you for it :)

16. poisenden

Jan 26, 2012
    Sorry everyone, I have been extremely busy the past few weeks. I'm now fresh and ready to continue on the blog. I just made a post, and I will make some more over the coming weeks. For those who are unfamiliar with my blog, please check it out - http://www.globalwhirl.com

Thanks!