Universal [Soft Launch: PH] War Pirates: Heroes of the Sea (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    War Pirates: Heroes of the Sea

SEGA
    Genres: Games Role-Playing Adventure
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPhone4
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPad23G
    • iPhone4S
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPhone5
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPadMini
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone5c
    • iPhone5s
    • iPhone6
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 87.4MB

2. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Looking forward to your impressions, as I cannot play it yet. :) also a video or two would be appreciated!

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    To make a long story short it's your typical free to play game ;)

4. Numidium

Numidium Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2016
    It's your typical monster/hero collector
    mobile game so expect plenty of IAP's.
    But it has nice anime styled pirate theme to it.

It's called 戦 の 海賊 (War of the Pirates) and was really popular in the Japanese AppStore for a long time but has died down so I guess that's why sega has decided to translate and port it so they can milk it awhile longer.

It provides decent depth compared to similar hero collector games.

You can upgrade your own personal island. Edit and upgrade different crew members. Maintain a fleet of ships to battle with to fight other fleets, raid fortresses and battle/raid other players.

Here's a video of Japanese reviewers showing some more gameplay not show in the OP video

5. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Interesting, downloading :)

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I played this over the weekend and I can pretty much agree with touchy on this one. It's got high production values and I really like the art style, but I just couldn't get into it at all. It just seems like I've played it all before, but with a different skin. Not to say it's a "bad" game. I just couldn't get into it at the time. Maybe I'll try it out again once it hits the states.

7. touchy85

Jan 21, 2015
    And the tutorial is just the worst. The game shows you the roster with ships, there's 1 empty spot and it spams you with text how to add the ship to this empty spot. And then the next time when I unlocked a new ship, the game explained me again how to add this ship. It keeps explaining super obvious things over and over again. This in combination with a not particularly interesting story. Who reads the story in a ftp game anyway, you're probably never going to see the end of it anyway. It's like the game is trying hard to make the first 30 minutes as unpleasant as possible.

8. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Dafuq? I read story in every game i play. Be it Free or not.

you clearly looking for things to hate cause you are one of those f2p haters :p

9. touchy85

Jan 21, 2015
    Yeah well, I don't think my English is that bad. The first 30 minutes of the game are just not fun, and that has pretty much nothing to do with the fact that the game is free or not.

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, I attempted to stick with the story and then the tutorial started dragging on and I just started clicking. I really did try giving this game a chance. I love pirate themed games, but like I said, I just felt like I've played it before several times.

11. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost

I found this game before announced on a website that SEGA will be launching new mobile game. I expected too much but unfortunately this is not what I am expecting. The soundtrack of the game is good BUT graphics is bad (for me). Sega is already established and already good company but I think they need improvement with this game.

12. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Did anyone managed to roll a 5 stars char during the initial roll? I tried a few times, all is 3 stars

13. mjoln

mjoln New Member

May 23, 2013
    May i add this :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harlock's characters and spaceships were recently added to the game. That's why I really want to play it !

14. YuiKaosu

YuiKaosu Member

Feb 12, 2016
    They have just added European and Asian sever