★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

08-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Unfortunately the problem with mfi is that there are so many parts of the game that don't correlate to a simple button press... such as tapping units to move on the in game tactical map, or tapping a melee icon to go into melee with a specific squad. So, at least for launch, we won't officially support mfi. We do hope to revisit it for an update, but even then it will be more like a "hack" just to get it to work fully in the game.
I think most people use MFI controllers in a way that they will have the screen to hand in front of you, like with the Nintendo switch (particularly if you have a Gamevice), and I think it would work pretty well with being able to manoeuvre the units around on the tactical maps using the touchscreen then when you enter the battle to fight as third person switch to the controller

Realise its not top priority however, but chalk me up as someone definitely interested in using a controller should support be coded in
08-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelph View Post
I think most people use MFI controllers in a way that they will have the screen to hand in front of you, like with the Nintendo switch (particularly if you have a Gamevice), and I think it would work pretty well with being able to manoeuvre the units around on the tactical maps using the touchscreen then when you enter the battle to fight as third person switch to the controller

Realise its not top priority however, but chalk me up as someone definitely interested in using a controller should support be coded in
Yeah that would definitely be the way to go, IMO! Last time we tried that in BH2 though, we got a lot of complaints about not having "full" mfi support... if we can't figure it out, we'll probably do something along the lines of what you mentioned.
08-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelph View Post

Hey, what MFI controller do you recommend?

Also, could you put in a link?
Yesterday, 05:59 AM
Theres quite a range so I find its best to think about what would suit you the best, ill list a few of the best ones

1) Gamevice – personally my favourite since Gamevice are really driving MFI gaming and so I like to support them, their generation 2 controller is excellent with an Xbox thumbstick layout (thumbsticks at the top) and since it uses a lightning connection it connects instantly and in theory has less lag – Downsides are that it does mean removing any case on your phone/tablet when you use it, plus if you get one for your iphone its not going to work for your ipad!
https://gamevice.com/
2) Steel series nimbus – This is the “apple TV” controller of choice which was pushed by apple – rock solid with Playstation layout of controls but doesn’t have a grip so not ideal for iphones
https://steelseries.com/gaming-controllers/nimbus
3) Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i micro – personally my favourite Bluetooth controller due to the xbox layout which I prefer, Bluetooth means you can use on either iphone or ipad, uses AAA batteries which I also prefer as they last ages – downside is that the grip for the iphone isn’t great and breaks easily
http://www.madcatz.com/gamepads/ctrli.php
4) Steel series stratus – hard to get hold of new but if portability is your thing then this is ideal – it is the smallest controller by far so easily pocketable but has no grips so isnt ideal for iphones
https://steelseries.com/gaming-contr...ratus-wireless
Yesterday, 06:27 AM
Only 15 more days right?
I can't wait for this game one of my most anticipated games of the year
Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Only 15 more days right?
I can't wait for this game one of my most anticipated games of the year
Yep - countdown!