The 4th - Upcoming Tower Defense Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by armychimp, Sep 29, 2009.

1. armychimp

armychimp Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Good Morning Touch Arcade! Long time follower of the forums here thou I don't post much. Feeling this is the best community for iPhone gaming I wanted to share with you all the sneak preview of my upcoming Tower Defense Game.

This is a retro meets new age Tower defense game. All the flare and love for 8 bit mixed with the intense action only modern hardware can bring. A new twist on tower defense games in that nothing sits still. The only stationary object is The earth which you are tasked with defending.

Overview of Gameplay
    - Your towers orbit the earth, so do the creeps
    - You control the speed, orbit and direction of each tower
    - Earth has a shield and health, shield will regenerate slowly
    - High power defenses can be put on the Moon, no control of moon position which adds an intense element of strategy to best utilizing it
    - Persistent RPG elements between battles allowing you to upgrade your defenses for all battles after.
    - Boss battles to test your skill in other retro classic game play types(Sneak preview of this coming soon)

The graphics in these videos are still being tweaked for the final game and should not be held as what will be in the game when shipped.

So without further delay - The 4th! (Best Viewed in Youtube HD and with Sound)

Please let me know what you think. You can follow development moving forward at http://blog.addictionsponge.com

I am looking for a few good beta testers. You can find more information on this on the blog in the upcoming days.

2. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    WOW what a unique TD!
    i cant wait to buy this!! :D

this looks mad as. nice work!!

btw, i'd like to beta test :)
    let me know when to apply n i shall

3. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    i just watched the video (without sound as I am at work), it certainly is intriguing

...so are the aliens able to attack from any level? ...are they trying to get to the lowest level

I would be interested in beta testing when that becomes available.

4. armychimp

armychimp Member

Jun 20, 2009

What is in the game right now is that they can attack from any level but the lower the orbit the harder they will hit. Certain creeps with push forward orbits some just pick a random orbit and stay in it. A tower is in play that can knock them back giving you control over where the creeps will be, but of course the random factor is always in play that you may not be able to get them back.

This ties to the reason earth has a shield that regenerates since pretty much as soon as a creep is in range it can start attacking, the idea is to balance how much damage the shields are taking not making sure it takes no damage(thou I am sure some people will attempt this in vein :p)

Right now thou the balance is a bit off if the creeps randomly end up all in higher orbits and I am going to be tweaking some of this.

It can get very chaotic quickly and this game stresses very much plan ahead versus build as many towers as possible since not every creep is going to go in range of every tower.

5. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Game looks awesome. However, I did see things that could be fixed. If you need help with writing, editing, etc. PM me! :D

6. Rithkil

Rithkil Active Member

May 17, 2009
    Student
    Bellingham, WA
    Wow, that looks really cool. I would definitely be interested in beta testing when the time comes. Please let me know.

7. intake66

intake66 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Napa, California
    very interesting concept on the TD genre. I will be very interested to see how it plays.