★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Best of March 2015, iTunes International Editor's Choice
- Apple

"One of the 5 best iPhone games in March 2015"
- TIME

"Lastronaut is a totally free, totally addictive endless running game for iPhone. Lastronaut may be the best currently available endless runner for those looking for value."
- TechCrunch

"The graphics in Lastronaut are stunningly beautiful... I highly recommend checking out Lastronaut if you havent already. The game is gorgeous."
- AppAdvice

It's time to leave the world you love behind.

The year is 2015 and mankind has created the first sentient machine: a humanoid robot. If we only knew what would happen next, we probably could have saved ourselves. Now, were abandoning the only planet weve ever known.

Lastronaut is a pixel-packed, adrenaline-fueled dash for your life as you run, jump, dodge and blast your way through the machine army, equipped with an arsenal of human and robotic weapons to cause mayhem with. At dawn, as the rest of humanity lifts off in the distance, its your mission to reach the last rocket ship leaving Earth. Your life depends on it.

What to expect from Lastronaut:

Infinite gameplay, providing hours of increasing challenge
A multitude of weapons
Beautiful, hand-crafted artwork and animations set to original music
Chaotic action, slow-motion effects, explosions, explosions and more explosions
Local gameplay stats: distance travelled, total kills, and more!
Global leaderboards and world ranking through Game Center
Plenty of achievements to find and unlock!
Save and share your final moments to Facebook or Twitter

Andy C83's comments:

Lastronaut

Darrin Henein
Genres: Games Arcade Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
It's time to leave the world you love behind.

The year is 2015 and mankind has created the first sentient machine: a humanoid robot. If we only knew what would happen next, we probably could have saved ourselves. Now, we’re abandoning the only planet we’ve ever known.

Lastronaut is a pixel-packed, adrenaline-fueled dash for your life as you run, jump, dodge and blast your way through the machine army, equipped with an arsenal of human and robotic weapons to cause mayhem with. At dawn, as the rest of humanity lifts off in the distance, it’s your mission to reach the last rocket ship leaving Earth. Your life depends on it.

What to expect from Lastronaut:

• Infinite gameplay, providing hours of increasing challenge
• A multitude of weapons
• Beautiful, hand-crafted artwork and animations set to original music
• Chaotic action, slow-motion effects, explosions, explosions and more explosions
• Local gameplay stats: distance travelled, total kills, and more!
• Global leaderboards and world ranking through Game Center
• Plenty of achievements to find and unlock!
• Save and share your final moments to Facebook or Twitter

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPad23G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone6
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadThirdGen4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 16.5MB

03-04-2015, 06:30 AM
Ah scuppered at the last second! Nice find

This is really fun so far, though obviously my time with it has been limited. Recommended on the quality of the visuals alone.

03-04-2015, 06:55 AM
They already had me at "explosions, explosions and more explosions"

Huh, not universal?

Last edited by amusing Grace; 03-04-2015 at 07:02 AM.
03-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Was about to download when i couldnt find it in the ipad list, and realized the game is iphone only.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Happy to see something from my list come out tonight. I'll be playing this first. Hoping for no Ads or at least an IAP to remove them if they are present.
03-05-2015, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
Happy to see something from my list come out tonight. I'll be playing this first. Hoping for no Ads or at least an IAP to remove them if they are present.
If I'm remembering right, TA did a write up for this last week. It was supposed to be a "love letter to video games". No ads or IAP whatsoever. Just a guy making a game for us to enjoy. Sounds good to me. About to try it out.

Ok this is a great little runner. Beautiful pixel art and lighting effects, leaderboards and achievements, no ads, just a nice game to have on your phone for when you've got a few spare minutes. Oh, and it's by two guys, not one. Can't see any reason not to at least try it out.

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 03-05-2015 at 12:27 AM.
03-05-2015, 12:32 AM
love the music, what group? or is it just for this game?
03-05-2015, 01:23 AM
It's a cool game but the slow-motion deaths are ruining it for me... There really should be a way to skip them or turn them off.
03-05-2015, 02:18 AM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

03-05-2015, 02:33 AM
I gotta admit I love the look of it. Who would think old pixelly GFX mixed with modern lighting and transparency effects would look so... right.... together?

Kinda fun gameplay but since you can't really get much of a warning where the projectiles are coming from you basically just shoot madly and jump over any obstructions.

Very nice of the Dev not to load it with ads, etc. it's a "love letter" indeed. Big thank you from this gamer anyways!

Wish there would be a native iPad version but can't have everything I suppose.