Walking Dead 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darklord1011, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Hey guys after all your recommendations on previous post, i went for Walking Dead Season 1 and it is totally awesome.

Now i am inclined towards Walking Dead Season 2, but at same time i am thinking of getting Republique as i heard it totally awesome and better than Walking Dead Season 2 in terms of graphics and gameplay.

I got another 20$ so what should i buy, i am too desperate for walking dead season 2 and buying multi pack of it, to finish that too.

Need opinions.

This will be my last purchase of jan and only 20$.

2. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    #2 Magnum0ik, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    Glad you enjoyed WD1.

Only episode 1 is out for WD2 at the moment so you won't be able to complete. It's being released in instalments with I believe the final episode in the summer.

Why dont you get republique, Walking Dead 400 Days and Episode 1 of WD2. This way you get all of what you want and can then buy episodes when they come out - or re-save for the season pass later.

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I am one of the biggest fans of Telltale's Walking Dead but I definitely agree with Magnum0ik. If you have a loud get set for this month, buying the season pass is very unlikely to get you anything to play considering the first episode is paid for outside of that purchase and I'd be surprised to see episode 2 hit in January.

400 Days is a massive recommendation if you haven't played it and I haven't played Republique but it's been recommended to me more times than I count. If it were my choice, I'd wait to buy the season pass at least until you have enough funds to replace the iTunes it would cost, it would be a shame to miss out on a surprise release because you bought something that technically hasn't given you anything for your money yet.

But that's just me :)

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah I'd agree with these posts. Why not just get 400 days, TWD season 2 episode 1, and the first episode of republique. That way you get everything you want. If you have $20 for the rest of the month no sense in paying for a season pass when we have no idea when the rest of the episodes will be released.

5. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Oh and if you liked TWD I would suggest trying The Wolf Among Us when you get a chance. The first episode is awesome.

6. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    How on Earth did I forget about TWAU? Definitely listen to this good man! You're in for a treat with those four as it is and you'll still have money left over!

7. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Ok, i got episode 2 and buying TWAU, but 400 days is a waste of money as i read.

Some say it is just trailer of season 2.

I look for money's worth to be honest, as i have limited funds and dependent on parents.

I am confused about republique, all we gotta do is sneaking in that, nothing much interesting besides graphics, as i read recently.

8. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    I have not played republique yet but have heard good things. Have been thinking about getting myself.

400 days continues from season 1 and bridges the gap. The decisions you make carry over. I wouldn't say its a trailer but it isnt as long as the others.

I had forgotten about TWAU myself! Great game so far and you won't be disappointed,

9. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Republique is good, but so far it's only one episode and it hasn't been spectacular in my opinion, just good. The gameplay is simply watching the path of the guards and timing your movements so you can move from room to room without being caught and being put back in a room to start again.
    It's pretty basic but there are some other features such as being able to pickpocket the guards to get necessary tools, and you are able to distract the guards through various ways by setting off alarms etc.
    Certainly is fun though and seems to have a fairly good story as well.
    If I had to choose between republique and the walking dead id go for the walking dead first.
    If you haven't played it, I do recommend 400 days, it's about 1-2 hours gameplay and helps you to understand the story in season 2, it's not a waste of time or money.
    Also the wolf among us is very good so you should get that at some point too!

10. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Seconding the reassurance that 400 Days is more than a trailer. I loved it, I actually felt there were more choices to it and therefore repercussions than any of the first season episodes. It's certainly on a par storytelling-wise for me with the original episodes