Touch Force: Shoot 'em Up iOS

01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I guess that means no relative touch. Tons of shmups have tried different control schemes and failed, eventually ends up adding relative touch.

I can see relative touch controls may not be practical when there is more than 1 player in one ipad, so im interested to see what the control schemes are.
Hi Exact-Psience,

I will be posting a game-play video very soon

Cheers
01-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Deleted bc I'm a dimwit

Last edited by JCho133; 01-08-2014 at 07:11 PM.

01-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Ohhh this does look interesting. I do wanna know about the controls. Those are the make or break parts of these types of games.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
01-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Shmups and TBS. A match made in heaven?
Hi JCho133,

It's Arcade Action Touch Force attempts to add to the shoot em up genre

Cheers
01-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Oh gosh! I need more sleep! I was looking at a thread then came here and thought I was still on the other thread. Thanks for correcting me. I'm gonna go take a nap...
01-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I guess that means no relative touch. Tons of shmups have tried different control schemes and failed, eventually ends up adding relative touch.

I can see relative touch controls may not be practical when there is more than 1 player in one ipad, so im interested to see what the control schemes are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
RT is obviously best, but anything tilt-based is dead on arrival with me.
Hi SumoSplash,

There were 3 ideas behind Touch Force controls:

- No tilt controls
- No onscreen buttons
- No ship to control

Will upload some footage soon.

Cheers,

01-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I've posted some footage of Touch Force above!

Thanks,
01-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Woah... so each finger touching the screen is a ship? Sounds good then!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Looks like the ships disappear when your fingers leave the screen. Sort of a variation on Phoenix hd's phantom. I hope the graphics and models are detailed; I couldn't see that in the vid.
01-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCranium666 View Post
Looks like the ships disappear when your fingers leave the screen. Sort of a variation on Phoenix hd's phantom. I hope the graphics and models are detailed; I couldn't see that in the vid.
Hi,Touch Force controls are very unique but still take nothing away from the genre yes the video does suffer from some compression issues the game should be out this week hopefully. It's free to play with one inapp purchase.

Cheers,