Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-25-2013, 05:47 AM

I have not played the whole game but just wanted to give my initial thoughts. This is not a true 3D game - you move through the environment like myst. The environments are well painted enough but at times look quite flat and they are confusingly stitched together so it's not always clear where the paths lay. This game compares itself to Lost City where it draws obvious inspiration but it lacks it's forbear's beauty and simplicity in level design. Early puzzles didn't captvate me. Unlike Lost City, the island is not one that instantly appeals but it may open up itself to the more dedicated player
Old 05-25-2013, 01:11 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
I have not played the whole game but just wanted to give my initial thoughts. This is not a true 3D game - you move through the environment like myst. The environments are well painted enough but at times look quite flat and they are confusingly stitched together so it's not always clear where the paths lay. This game compares itself to Lost City where it draws obvious inspiration but it lacks it's forbear's beauty and simplicity in level design. Early puzzles didn't captvate me. Unlike Lost City, the island is not one that instantly appeals but it may open up itself to the more dedicated player
James,

No where do we ever say this is a 3d game. Sorry if you had that impression.

Reviewers have compared it to Lost City.

We are listening to all critiques and taking them into consideration as we make the sequel. Thanks for playing.

Sky Horse
Old 05-25-2013, 01:52 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

It was overall a fun game, but there are few issues you need to fix for the sequel:
- The map at times does not make sense, you move to an area that is completely different to the last and the environments are very different across a small area (as James Cameron mentioned).
- The game was a bit short (took me less than 2 hours).
- Sometimes once you complete a challenge (such as the fire breathing creature that blocks the path of the bridge), when you go back to that point, it tells you to kill the monster, despite it not being there.
- The story needed to be more understandable, I got a bit lost at times and the ending had little relevance (but I assume this will be cleared up in the sequel).
Old 05-25-2013, 02:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
It was overall a fun game, but there are few issues you need to fix for the sequel:
- The map at times does not make sense, you move to an area that is completely different to the last and the environments are very different across a small area (as James Cameron mentioned).
- The game was a bit short (took me less than 2 hours).
- Sometimes once you complete a challenge (such as the fire breathing creature that blocks the path of the bridge), when you go back to that point, it tells you to kill the monster, despite it not being there.
- The story needed to be more understandable, I got a bit lost at times and the ending had little relevance (but I assume this will be cleared up in the sequel).
AlexIpad,

Thanks for playing! And thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with the game. It will definitely help us improve the next one!

Sky Horse
Old 06-15-2013, 01:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default Vanished: The Island Lite! Try Before you Buy!

Check it out! You can now download Vanished: The Island Lite adventure game for free and try the game out before you decide if you want to spend 99 cents to unlock the whole game. Free!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vanished-the-island-lite/id647458436?mt=8

Sky Horse