Bezircle (by Ayopa Games) launching Wed, April 30

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JohnnyCoghlan, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

We are genuinely very excited to announce that our stunning new strategy game, Bezircle, is launching Wednesday, April 30! It's a universal iOS game and will be on sale at launch for $0.99, with a massive amount of single-player and multiplayer content, and no IAPs!

Developed by renowned Dutch indie studio, Ludomotion, Bezircle combines tactical decision-making and one-touch skill with fantastic visuals.

Take a look at the new trailer we just released below, plus a write-up of some outstanding features! Enjoy and please spread the word here anyway you can, thanks.

GAME DESCRIPTION
    Your screen becomes a battlefield in Bezircle, where tactical decision-making and one-touch skill make the difference. Developed by hit indie studio Ludomotion, this stunning strategy game offers mind-bending complexity, single-player depth and multiplayer mayhem for fans of puzzle and strategy games. Capture orbs to win the level by 'bezircling' them before your AI enemies or human opponents. Capturing special orbs boosts your performance and unleashes devastating effects on the arena. Adventure through the massive single-player campaign, or share your device with up to four players and compete in an infinite number of multiplayer arenas!

• One-Button Tactical Gameplay – Bezircle looks deceptively simple, but offers thrilling tactical gameplay. It will take a long time and lots of skill to master every trick and strategy!
    • 50 Single-Player Campaign Levels – Delve into the world of Bezircle through multiple themed chapters, each with new orbs and power-ups revealing many surprising twists.
    • Local Multiplayer Mode – Enjoy Bezircle with four players on a single device in action-packed tactical matches. Snatch victory from your friends at the very last moment!
    • Casual Fun, Seriously Challenging – Single-player levels can be won in many different ways. Can you earn all of the stars and special awards?
    • Endless Multiplayer Arenas – Compete in a huge variety of multiplayer arena modes. All of them are randomly generated, so each battle offers brand new challenges and opportunities with an infinite supply to discover.
    • Eight Playable Characters – Meet Woaq’lat, Dartakt’n and all the other crazy zirclings with their dazzling art style and genuinely amusing personalities. Bezircle’s presentation and polish sets a new standard for tactical puzzle games!

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This looks flippin awesome, your list of awesome games keeps getting bigger Ayopa :D It's a really neat mechanic and the multiplayer seems awesome for it.

Any chance this'll get online multiplayer too?

3. JohnnyCoghlan

Thanks JCho133! :) It genuinely was one of the most appealing/addictive games we could think of as soon as we saw it last year, so we are really happy it is about to release! Online multiplayer has been a hot topic of discussion with the developer Ludomotion - if anyone can do it those guys can! Nothing confirmed yet but we will keep you posted. Ludomotion will be on here later to answer questions and give opinion so feel free to ask anything about the game and they will do their best to answer!

4. Ghuyajil

Ghuyajil New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    App Developer
    Netherlands
    Hi, let me first introduce myself: I'm Stephan van der Feest, lead Content & AI engineer of Ludomotion. For Bezircle, I did the music and sound effects, AI programming, and a lot of mobile-related development. This next to being involved in the game design as we all are to some degree. (Oh, and I edited the trailer, too)

Thank you very much, we've spent much of our time, energy, and frankly, souls on it ;)
    We actually still enjoy playing it a lot ourselves :)

It's absolutely on our list of features we're going to add in a future version.
    Also, we definitely have the technology and the knowledge to implement it. Whether it will eventually be in there, depends on a lot of factors of course, not the least of which will be how well it is embraced by the community :)

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Can you play in random arenas against the computer?

6. Ghuyajil

Ghuyajil New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    App Developer
    Netherlands
    Absolutely!
    Our main leaderboard game mode, Bezircus, will infinitely generate new arena's, where you score points toward a total as long as you keep winning.
    In fact, our advanced procedural content generation techniques, guarantee that every arena will be very much different, but always balanced and fun.

7. JohnnyCoghlan

Bezircle is approved by Apple and will launch on schedule this Wednesday! Please spread the word. :)

Check out the trailer and look forward to one of the most addictive and unique games you'll play this year - your comments and questions are welcome here!

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    The dynamic playing fields seem like they really keep things interesting! I love the sound effects too ;)

What happens if your guy is on an orb that explodes? Do you lose or do you get stunned and put on the nearest orb?

9. Sanchotron

Sanchotron New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Producer & PR @ Ludomotion
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Thanks for your enhtusiastic response JCHo133! The game is releasing worldwide in less than a day and we look forward to receiveing similar great responses. :)
    My name is Javier Sancho and I'm a colleague of Stephan (Ghuyahil) at Ludomotion as the game's producer.

To answer your question: when your character (we call them Zirclings) is on an orb that explodes, the character gets blown up and you lose the match and all the orbs you captured. You'll have to tread carefully in explosive arenas and make sure you get away from exploding orbs. Or for a meaner tactic, you can try to trick your adversary to get on an exploding orb. He'll lose all his captured orbs ready for you to take back.

10. Ghuyajil

Ghuyajil New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    App Developer
    Netherlands
    Thank you! We still keep playing it for fun ourselves, even after two years of working on it :)

You lose.
    If your Zircling is knocked out, it will become a larva, that other people can feed on. That way, you can still have a (very) small influence on the game when you've already lost. ;)

11. Ultidraw

Ultidraw Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Hi guys!

Let me introduce myself too:

I'm Hendrik Visser and as the artist of 'Ludomotion' I have been mainly concerned with making all the art assets for the game and creating promotional material, trying to give the game an interesting atmosphere:). I collaborate, among others, with the awesome Stephan and the lovely Javier, who introduced themselves here already. I'll be glad to answer questions.

12. Ultidraw

Ultidraw Member

Apr 29, 2014
    You can of course also create an multiplayer arena with 1 player (yourself) and 3 AI players. :cool:

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I really love the art! (Well done! Haha)

It gives me a Spore cell stage/Tentacle Wars :D

14. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    ipod 4g support?

will it play on ipod 4G?

15. This game is really good. I am impressed.

Congrats.