iPad Disc Drivin' - Turn-based online multiplayer racing!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pixelocity, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Scy

Scy New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Does anybody know how to create a further Login for the signup in DD?
    I created a Second Apple ID and another gamecenter Account, but DD says "unknown" user/password. To buy the Game a Second Time with the Other Apple-ID does Not work, in iTunes it is already marked As "installed". Using iPad 1, have no Other Apple-Device. Any hints appreciated, i Play the game for a Long Time now (>500/>500/smth.) and get bored by the Long waiting Times until my 20 Random Players react... Tnx!

2. Scy

Scy New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    P.S.: I use the DD HD Version for IPad.

3. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Just got an update--presumably for iOS 7-related fixes?

Thanks for the continued support!

And the reminder that I need to play some Disc Drivin' :)

4. dls911

dls911 Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Yes! Thanks for the update. It's nice to know you haven't forsaken us long time, devoted players. Now, how about a new version or at least some new tracks? Please?

dls911
    Disc Drivin' from the start, and haven't stopped since.

5. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Great, great, great game. Still playing from day one, the last few months with the same three guys.

6. steven0451

steven0451 Guest

Loving the new update, if anyone is interested in a game with me :)

Username: steven0451

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally tired of this after over 2500 games played over the past few years. It's been fun guys! Literally had 20 games going always.

8. dls911

dls911 Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Been feeling that way myself lately. Hard to believe after all this time. Made some good friends along the way too. Not quitting yet, still have a bit more play in me. A darn good game.

9. glennarbor

glennarbor Member

Feb 24, 2010
    How about some love for Disc Drivin'

I wanted to create a post to see how many people still play this game.

This is easily my favorite iOS game ever, and I know there's a hardcore fanbase out there.

What troubles me is a lack of updates, they have gotten fewer and farther apart over the past 3.5 years.

I emailed the developer trying to get an idea what his plans are, he replied and didn't really specify.
    I did suggest he think about disc drivin' 2 , or adding tracks as iap, i'd pay 99 cents for 3 tracks if he released them every 2 months or so. Even suggested a kick starter to keep the servers running. I'd encourage anyone else interested to email them and offer encouragement as well [email protected]
    I just don't want to see this game become abandonware.

app store link

10. GodURmyall

GodURmyall New Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Absolutely agree that this game needs continued love and support. I regularly have the full 20 games going simultaneously, and have done so for the past several years. I emailed the developers early on and they were very responsive. Will certainly contact them again to encourage them with updates or new releases. This game deserves it!

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I dunno. Personally, I would like to see a one player mode vs computer. Not much of a fan of multiplayer, social, in-game chat type games like this. Remember picking up this title and then dumping it. I know this game was pretty popular and had lots of fans, but just didn't do it for me.

12. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    One of the greatest iOS games ever... me and all my friends bought all the customization packs to support the dev. it was SO GOOD

13. glennarbor

glennarbor Member

Feb 24, 2010
    It's still great! I'm hoping to inspire developers to stick with it, so get in game and play!

14. jaggles

jaggles New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    #994 jaggles, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    I just added a response to another thread here in regards to Disc Drivin: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3406668#post3406668

The developers are still responsive. I've actually been actively playing against one of them for the last several weeks. I'm not sure if he'd appreciate his Disc Drivin username being advertised here, so I won't mention it, but I will say that there is a video out there showing a journalist playing against him for an article, where you can see his username. ;) Also, his disc art is the Pixelocity logo (which can't be purchased).

I've chatted with him in regards to any potential plans to update the game, and unfortunately it doesn't sound like there is anything in the pipeline. I get the sense they're focusing on their other game (Danger Boat).

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Still love this game, but I'm way out of practice.

If you want an easy win, please feel free to invite drelbs to a game. :)

Would love to play some 4-player games with people.

16. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Been permanently on my phone/iPad ever since it was released. I've ever gotten bored with it. kel808 is my user name always up for new challenges :)

17. veronica.m

veronica.m Active Member

Oct 22, 2014
    I never played it, not so much into multiplayer games, but I've got lots of friends who absolutely love it. So yea, there are still people who play this game :)

18. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    I also spoke with the devs recently via email - myself and a large group of friends have played this online every single day since release, we all have multiple turn based races always on the go. As soon as one of us wins a race another 4-player race begins.

This is one of those turn-based games that I don't think enough people appreciate how much fun and just how good it is.

I'm still praying they'll do a Disc Drivin' 2 and most of the active user base I'm sure would be willing to pay more - I mean how many apps or games can you say have remained on your device for 2-3 years and get played EVERY DAY??

19. jaggles

jaggles New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Other than stock iOS apps, this is quite literally the only one for me.

20. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I plan to hop back in and embarrass myself with my rustiness soon.

Meanwhile, though, I tried it on iPhone 6 Plus, and it looks great!

I had it in my head that older apps would need an update for the new iPhones (and iOS 8) or else they'd be upscaled and blurry. I have seen some older games look like that, but it's clearly not all of them: Disc Drivin' fills the big screen and has sharp text and sharp OpenGL (with slight blurriness only on minor buttons/UI elements). And it wasn't even updated for iOS 7 (the Back button in Settings looks like iOS 6). So--now I'm eager to check out lots of "older" games that I had assumed would disappoint when enlarged.

It also restored my purchased disc designs without being asked. Painless :)