Need Programmers for Ipad game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by starcat, Feb 11, 2010.

1. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I need programmers, Music and artists for an Ipad game. i want to make the best game in the App store for the Ipad. ive already begun designing it and it is amazing so far.

i would even go so far as to say people might even pick up the Ipad just to play this.

but i digress.. i need people who are willing to work on royalties and people who can get together regular over some kidn of Skype or Ventrilo setting so we can discuss what we have. this is not going to be an easy task but i assure you if this game is done right you will go down in Ipad history :)

feel free to contact me at bahazal_42 at yahoo dot com.

please do not contact me if you dont have the time to devote to this, or if you dont have a way to communicate. also if possible no one outside the USA.

must be willing to sign non disclosure agreements and a contract for your services. a good idea still needs good execution.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You might want to post some info about what you do, or work you've done... you might not get taken seriously otherwise.

3. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    but he doesnt want anyone to know..ahaha so silly :p I have done this in the past, and it never works. YOU NEED TO POST A LITTLE INFO

4. starcat

Feb 7, 2010

ok what info do you suggest i post.

its an MMO.

5. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    well if its a MMO, what type? Something like W.o.W. or something like mafia wars?

do you have servers? What do you need for the actual game? How many people do you need? How long do you think this will take? Are you going to provide anything for the team like software? etc..

6. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    Right now its still in the Development stage. the idea is to get a group of people togeather and finish the design of the game as a group so each person can do their job better. each person will have a stake in the game.

i dont know what aspect of wow you mean. its an MMO as in multiple people will be playing it.. no i dont have servers. i need people to discuss the game and such with before we move on to the what we need part. this is at the beginning stages so its not like i have everything ready to go lol.

no software. this is my first attempt. im just the guy who comes up with the concept and stories and lays everything out, then gathers the appropriate people and pieces everything togeather. i have no programming experience, i cant draw. and im a drummer. but thats all i can offer for music.

7. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Ah, i see. much like me my friend, yet i can draw and do 3D :p ahaha but the MMO aspect, there are games that are MMORPG's like world of warcraft, or something like mafia wars which is still an MMO

8. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    ah well then i guess its going to be like wow.

i dont want to call it a Wow killer. but its going to be something you will want to play if you have an ipad.

i wanna get to thei dea first before someone else does. and someone else will.

9. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Blizzard is stalking you as we speak...Just kidding :D ahahaa but im kind of intersted...

10. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    psh blizzard wishes i worked for them.

no no. i have a Motto. "never enough"

you can NEVER pack enough awesome into a game. the problem is you gotta do it just right.

wow has become..right click..get on yer mount.. or "summon me"

ok i press this button once or twice.. gimmie my loot.. ok i press this button once or twice in PVP..

theres no dynamic ANYTHING in wow.

the only reason wow is popular is because its the best option around. thats not a success.. thats toleration.. it started out successfull because it was the new thing.. they have yet to keep it new and interesting so now people are BEGGING for an alternative.

im not offering that alternative because the mass majority probably wont have an Ipad untill it offers MUCH more than it does now.. like multi tasking camera etc.. etc.

however this game will Make you WANT to play it. not SIGH i have nothing better to do so i Might as well play wow.

11. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    so your sayinng your game will make everybody WANT to buy a new $500 device?

12. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    in the same way that people bought a Ps3 for Devil may cry 4, or final fantasy 13

or that really really rediculously expensive Mech game with the 500 dollar console.

im saying if people are considering the price i think my game COULD push them over the edge.

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Big words for a game that doesn't exist and is expected to be developed by a bunch of people you don't know...

14. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    well thats good! i hope it turns out that way!

15. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    composer for hire

I'm a composer. Classically trained; LA-based; have worked on a couple games (one for DS and one for a AAA title soon to be released). Mostly I've been trying to break out in film here in LA, but I'm very interested in the iPad as a gaming device, and I'd love to work on a project. What sort of music are you looking for? Perhaps I can send you some demos? PM me.

16. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    #16 dhondon, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Let me guess...This is your first game? And it's going to be an mmo?

Edit: ahh.. first attempt. Missed that line.

17. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    well this is how i pretty much make my living. making stuff that doesnt exist into a reality.

its not really hard when you gather like-minded people. how do you think ANYTHING gets made.. you think its a bunch of people who know each other sitting around hey lets get rich.

no its usually 1 or 2 guys with a vision. they get other people involved. and bam.

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Well in the case of game development it's usually one or two guys with a vision and a bunch of programming experience. We've had topic like this before and the same question popped up then: say you gather a team and they start working on a game, what's to stop them dumping you and going off on their own, excluding your name from the credits because you didn't actually put anything into it?

19. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    thats why we have contracts. non disclosure and such as well as agreement contracts.
    the design of the game is doing something. i realize the programming and other areas are much harder work thats why i dont take a larger chunk of the pay. i give it to the people who made the game work.

20. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

I wish you the best of luck with your idea, but you have to understand your proposition is the cliché of every open game developer forum:

"Hi! I have no experience in real game development, no understanding of costs, no concept of schedules or financial risks involved. But I do have a really cool idea for a Massively Multiplayer Online Game! I'm looking for people who will work for no pay whatsoever, but I'm willing to be generous on the royalties."

There's an enlightening write-up made about projects like these, and everyone considering the proposition should read it:
    "So you want to make your own MMORPG."

If you really believe in your idea, then the right process is to make a prototype that actually convinces a publisher or investors to give you funding. Then pay your team to implement your vision. Don't expect people to work for years for free simply because there are massive royalties shining on the horizon.