★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

My reply to the homosexual shooter thread

03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
My reply to the homosexual shooter thread

I couldn't find the old one, so I have started a new one.

The problem with most media is not that it is overtly homophobic (though that does exist.) It is usually a matter of heterosexism; an insidious status quo. It is very important for minority groups to have figures we can relate to. When my partner and I are threatened for holding hands in public, it is painfully clear, just how much we need equal representation; for ourselves, but also to desensitize the straight majority so we may be welcome under the umbrella of 'normal'.
03-19-2009, 02:12 PM
There was a reason it was closed.

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation

The old one was locked.

For a reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
There was a reason it was closed.
Oh, what happened?
03-19-2009, 02:14 PM
This is a discussion for iPod gaming, not politics.

Feel free to click the link on my sig and join if you do want a discussion, many members enjoy the debate But make sure to post in the politics thread

03-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I support you, but unfortunately there is a lot of apparent ignorance on the board. Apple is known as a very gay-friendly co. it's the customers who may not be. I'd rather see a game that had all types of people, inclusive. What is a gay shooter, really.
03-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
I couldn't find the old one, so I have started a new one.

The problem with most media is not that it is overtly homophobic (though that does exist.) It is usually a matter of heterosexism; an insidious status quo. It is very important for minority groups to have figures we can relate to. When my partner and I are threatened for holding hands in public, it is painfully clear, just how much we need equal representation; for ourselves, but also to desensitize the straight majority so we may be welcome under the umbrella of 'normal'.
I hate people like you who try to shove your bias beliefs down my throat. If you want your opinions heard go vote for a pussy (Liberal) in '12, and someone will coddle your naive rants about society.
03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
I hate people like you who try to shove your bias beliefs down my throat. If you want your opinions heard go vote for a pussy (Liberal) in '12, and someone will coddle your naive rants about society.
Why did you have to post something like this
03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
Im sorry to say it, but you just acted out what you were preaching against.

This thread is going nowhere- reported.

03-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Why did you have to post something like this
Im drunk