Which game is closest to Pain for ps3 (flying ragdoll style game)?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jensen, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Jensen

Jensen Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    One of the more fun games I've played on ps3 was the downloadable "Pain," which involved a 3d world where you launch your character from a slingshot and attempt to create the most havok in the world around you.

I know there are several similarly themed games on the iPhone, but they all seem to be 2d and have fairly awful graphics.

Is there anything out there that really rivals Pain for 3d characteristics/polish?

2. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    seeing how this is an iphone, and that is a ps3... i doubt anything will rival the ps3's graphics... but like you mentioned, there are 2d games like mentioned that are pretty fun.

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I personally think that the best ragdoll pain game is iDrop Dead:

iDrop Dead

NOTE! Enhanced iDrop Dead: Flower Edition is also out with 27 levels and 14 characters and other hidden bonuses! Apple b…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    NOTE! Enhanced iDrop Dead: Flower Edition is also out with 27 levels and 14 characters and other hidden bonuses! Apple banned updates to this version, but Flower Edition is still getting them.

Lend your helping hand to a bunch of cartoon bears and their friends who only want to fly sky high and explode in this physics puzzle game! This is the craziest ragdoll flinging game you'll ever play! Throw around the characters and all the loose items, and cause as much havoc as possible! Sometimes big disasters begin with a single push...

iDrop Dead takes ragdoll blasting to another level! We've got big and small bombs, ski jumping in the summer, and flying heads! Unlock new worlds, characters, game modes and other features. Contains hidden secrets as well! True sequel to a popular (almost 6 million players world wide!) flash game called Drop Dead.

The game takes advantage of iPod Touch's and iPhone 3GS's fast CPU, and some levels utilize motion sensors.

* Realistic but cartoony physics
    * You can break the ragdolls!
    * 18 levels with multiple goals
    * 5 worlds
    * 9 characters
    * 4 game modes

Update v1.2.0 was rejected by Apple, because the creatures were too human like, so to fix this we will remove all blood, ouch hit noises and skeletons from the game, and submit the result as a new game called "iDrop Dead: Flower Edition" as soon as possible. With lots of new levels and characters and features...

SIMILAR GAMES (so if you like these you might love iDrop Dead):

Ouch!, Ragdoll Blaster, Max Injury

REVIEWS:

www.appsmile.com: "Overall, iDrop Dead introduces a lot of creativity into this genre." 5/5!

www.dailyappshow.com: "This game is a blast!"

www.touchgen.net: "It is truly a great game, and I recommend it fully to anyone who wishes to have some plain old fun." 4/5!

www.theiphoneappreview.com: "There is too much violence and dismemberment for me."
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Simulation
    Release:Aug 22, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Honestly, it is a ton of fun and the graphics may look bad in the screenshots but they are great in-game.

There is also a lite version:

iDrop Dead Lite

The latest game in the Drop Dead series, on PC 11M+ downloads! We are still updating the Flower Edition.

Lend y…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The latest game in the Drop Dead series, on PC 11M+ downloads! We are still updating the Flower Edition.

Lend your helping hand to a bunch of cartoon bears and their friends who only want to fly sky high and explode in this physics puzzle game! This is the craziest ragdoll flinging game you'll ever play! Throw around the characters and all the loose items, and cause as much havoc as possible! Sometimes big disasters begin with a single push...

iDrop Dead takes ragdoll blasting to another level! We've got big and small bombs, ski jumping in the summer, and flying heads! True sequel to a popular (almost 6 million players world wide!) flash game called Drop Dead.

The full version contains lots of unlockable characters, levels, worlds, pulls, blood colors and game modes. And secrets!

SIMILAR GAMES (so if you like these you might love iDrop Dead):

Ouch!, Ragdoll Blaster, Max Injury

REVIEWS:

www.appsmile.com: "Overall, iDrop Dead introduces a lot of creativity into this genre." 5/5!

www.theiphoneappreview.com: "There is too much violence and dismemberment for me."

www.dailyappshow.com: "This game is a blast!"

www.touchgen.net: "It is truly a great game, and I recommend it fully to anyone who wishes to have some plain old fun." 4/5!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Sep 08, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

4. GiordanoTJ

GiordanoTJ Member

May 18, 2009
    Student/Gamer
    Colorado, US
    Probably the closest app that I've found is Smith Shooter. It doesn't have to bad of graphics but can run slow at times. Also it's more about getting distance then trying to blow up everything around you. If you want a time waster then look no further, but if your looking for content and a rival to Pain, then you'll be dissapointed.

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Max Injury is pretty good.

[​IMG]

Simple, smooth 3D graphics. Nice gameplay - drag him about to cause maximum injury.

6. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

My favourite is ouch because of the sheer amount of customization in it. You can make your own ragdolls and levels and have tonnes of stuff to do so. I love it.

7. Max Injury isn't bad, but it's basically an advanced version of Stair Dismount, and is rather slow besides, even on a 3GS. I'd have to second iDrop Dead. Great game. :)

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Slow??? :confused:
    It runs extremely fast/smoothly on my original iPhone.
    Must be a 3GS compatibility issue or something.

9. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

While I wouldn't quite agree with the term advanced, the two games certainly do share a remarkable amount of elements :)

Pain, on the other hand, is a graphically advanced version of Dismount... (although the game character spends quite a lot of time airborne and not so much actually colliding).

All in all, there are a number of ragdoll games on the iPhone already, but we've got a good feeling that Stair Dismount will bring its own unique flavor when it's released. It'll be fun to compete head-to-head with the other games.

10. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
  11. Must be, because it runs in slow motion on my 3GS. In fact, I just watched a video of it on YouTube, and it's definitely a lot faster than what I'm getting on the 3GS. Blah... now I'm upset. I just bought it today after reading this thread and trying the lite version. (I can put up with the slowness just because it's fun, but I'd really like to see it updated for 3GS compatibility)

Well, by "Advanced" I simply meant slightly updated graphics, plus obstacles and different levels.

But I like colliding with things. That's the masochistic fun of it all. :)

I hope so. I'd be looking forward to see what you do with it on the iPhone. :)

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    What Palfince said.

13. Ouch! try demo is by far my favorite amongst the many on the app store for ragdoll tossing.