★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Store SEO - latest insights

12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Wonder if view rate/keyword is taken into account

One thing I've always wondered is if app stores take into account the number of times the details for a particular app are viewed after searches for a given keyword (even if the user doesn't actually download the app at that minute). In other words, aside from downloads, how much "general interest" the app store gets in a particular app for a given search?
12-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javamex View Post
One thing I've always wondered is if app stores take into account the number of times the details for a particular app are viewed after searches for a given keyword (even if the user doesn't actually download the app at that minute). In other words, aside from downloads, how much "general interest" the app store gets in a particular app for a given search?
Hmm.. @javamex this is from my own experience... I don't think that is happening at the moment.

Where I think that the search algorithm should go is towards engagement... but that ain't happening yet.

Also Apple just bought Topsy which aggregates twitter data, so it might look at social signals as more of an indicator of popularity.