Battleloot Adventure by Digital Tales

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DTales, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    #1 DTales, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
    Digital Tales announces the upcoming release of "Battleloot Adventure", for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (HD ver.) on February 2012.

Follow us on FB Battleloot Adventure page

[​IMG]

In Battleloot Adventure, players lead a mercenary crew, came to the Kameloot shire looking for wealth, fame and more wealth!

The Kingdom Sovereign declared new and exaggerated taxes. And that whoever will fetch one "Grand Gossip Notoriety Prize" will benefit from taxes relief and be spared a few withdrawals from the Royal collectors . Since then, rivalry between the four Kameloot cities has heigh...ten dramatically.

This waging competition has gathered plenty of mercenaries and ugly mugs, all looking for a well remunerated job. Moreover, weird incidents happening throughout the region are putting all cities credibility at a test. In fact, Guilds look pretty busy trying to collect gold in the most different and... unorthodox ways.
    Soldiers, alchemists, witches and assassins... All ready to cheat on their partners for just a fistful of gold. Which side will you be?

[​IMG]

Gather your crew recruiting the strangest of talents, and swear allegiance to the city banner that represents you the most… As long as you can make something out of it!
    Solve all the troubles caused by the four Guilds, and face rival mercenary gangs looking for the same gold and fame as you. Fight against magic beings, brigands and some very quarrelsome sheep as you journey through Kameloot different areas, each with different quests to undertake.

• Lead up to three mercenaries at the same time with intuitive and fast-paced touch controls.
    • Perform some amusing special attacks and work your best strategies to overcome all feats you will be facing.
    • Strengthen your crew members with new equipments and special items, unlock new characters and have fun exploring all different combinations of their skills and magic.
    • Unlock achievements thanks to Game Center support, and climb on-line rankings to become the richest and most famous Kameloot mercenary, adding to your city fame.

Battleloot Adventure is an original cartoon inspired mix between RPG and Strategy, with such easy to learn mechanics it's fun and accessible even for an Hairy Mountain Troll (creature not included).

Helm on and roll out... Your tale is about to begin.

[​IMG]

2. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Looks bloody excellent, chap. Can't wait for a trailer of some sort. Actually, I can. I mean, I'll have to. Anyhow, releasing this somewhere or near the 19th of February would be a fantastic birthday gift, don'tcha think?:D

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Here's hoping that estimate is accurate! Screen shots look great. Remind me of Battleheart in a way. One of my favorites. So for sure keeping an eye on this one!

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah looks kind of like Battleheart which is good :)

5. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Well screens looks awesome looking forward for a gameplay video!!!!!!!

6. NyaTaku

NyaTaku Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Reminds me of Battleheart.

Looks epic ;x.

7. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Looks great :D there gonna be a beta?

8. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Looks awesome! Is...is that a corrupted pickle and a corrupted...SHEEP?

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    art = awesome

it does seem to be a spin off of battlehearts which i don't mind since that's a working formula :)

10. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    #10 DTales, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    First of all, we'd like to thank you for your support! We're glad that our first screenshots were so warmly received.
    As some pointed out, there may be visual similarities between our title and Battleheart. Truth is, we really appreciate Mika Mobile's title as much as all those classic RPG titles from old console days that inspired us.

This said, we wanted Battleloot Adventure to play differently, with a unique mixing a turn-based system and reactive, fast-paced mechanics.
    In time, we will release different "How to" entries, both here and on our Facebook page, detailing the game different features from basic attacks to special skills. We see this as a great chance to collect feedbacks, and make it the best for our title.

We hope you'll keep following us, sharing opinions and suggestions until the day we'll start Beta phase!

::

[​IMG]

HOW TO PLAY #1

While designing Battleloot Adventure, we wanted players to make strategic choices and always achieve what they had in mind. We believe the goal is to battle against monsters, not touch controls themselves.
    This means you wont find yourself furiously tapping everywhere on-screen, and your fingers won't risk to slide a little further or pick the wrong target during one messy brawl.

The game uses a turn-based system, so players have all the time they need to plan their attack and manage their resources.
    Each turn, they will be asked to choose a character to use or attack with, carefully picking targets to exploit enemies' weaknesses as well. That's because monsters aren't all the same, and may prove tougher or weaker depending on what weapons are used against them.

Players will soon learn about different types and how to make the most out of each attack. Or if they just rush forward randomly tapping on sheep and orcs alike, they will soon find themselves eating dust.

11. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    #11 DTales, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

HOW TO PLAY #2

All Battleloot characters share the same resource, called "Energy".
    That's what allows them to perform unique, useful feats that can make a difference between an enjoyable victory and an embarassing defeat. Energy recovers quite slowly and it's important that players learn how to manage it, to avoid looking at their exausted characters right as angry boars are charging at them.

There are different special actions that can be performed using Energy : among those, "Assists" and "Blocks". Both are reactive skills that must be triggered under certain conditions.

- "Assists" happen when your lead character is attacking. By tapping another adventurer and consuming some Energy, he / she will quickly jump into battle, adding hits to the total, as well as more damages. Assists are activated real-time, so you have to be quick and combo your characters together before your main attack is over!
    - "Blocks" happen when you're under attack. By tapping any character with enough Energy available, he /she will take a defensive position that will greatly reduce damages. Mind that this will happen real-time, so if you're too slow to Block you'll probably lose most of its benefits.

For Battleloot Adventure, our goal is to mix turn-based strategy with a few fast paced actions, creating something to appeal to the tastes of both RPGs and casual games enthusiasts.

12. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Really cool! :D

I can`t wait >__<

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Woah, awesome :) I lolled at the part where you're like "oh no PETA we didn't harm any animals!" :D

14. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Sounds like Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier on DS.

I find the proposed controls in this game to be kinda similar, but only to such an extent where you can perform a limited range of actions based on timing.

Just one question: can/are combos in combat be extended/performed by tapping the screen with timing?

15. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Combos extension is largely related to how different classes interact with different types of monsters.
    We want it to be an important strategic part of the gameplay, so that players need to plan their next move.

There will still be an heavily tapping-related feature that's tied to Combos, which is "Star Collecting" needed to perform Special Skills.
    We'll release more information about this feature in a future "How To" post, so stay tuned!

16. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    BUY ON FIRST SIGHT!

Any beta planned ahead of time?

17. DTales

DTales Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back again, with a couple new screenshots and a more detailed feature list.
    Some, like Stars and Feats , will most probably be previewed in upcoming "How to" releases, so stick around!

• Recruit many different adventurers, each with his own perks and unique skills.
    • Form and manage a party of 3 characters, carefully picking classes to face the dangers ahead.
    • Arrange your characters in battle making your own formations, gaining benefits from front or rear lines.
    • Plan every attack, picking which character to use and what action to perform.
    • Learn how to use both Special and Auto skills to succeed in battle.
    • Practice with reactive actions such as Assist and Block.
    • Discover how each class can overcome monster types, or be overhelmed by them! Practice with all.
    • Customize your characters as well as their abilities.
    • Unique Combo system, rank up hits and collect Stars to unleash special attacks.
    • Battle over different battlefields, some sparkling with magic energies, other slowing your armored adventurers down.
    • Pledge your allegiance to one of the four cities and collect rewards earned by fame.
    • Over 60 Quests, each with a unique Feat to challenge your skills.

18. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Loving the graphic style, looks incredible.

From the how-to screens I would say that battles play out more like the mario rpgs than battleheart. Turn based combat but with correct timing you can do more damage or, avoid attacks and the like. Any game that plays like that is fine with me

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Damn, that's looks spectacular.

20. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Fantastic! I'm probably the only person on TA who hasn't played BH but I'm very excited about this game