Year Walk Riddle Decoders Club - Deciphering Simogo's Next Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wicked8146, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #41 Eoghann, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks for figuring out VED Wicked!

Only Swedish word I could make with the remaining letters is "torp".

Torp = Croft

Wood croft?

Definition:
    noun British
    1. a small farm, especially one worked by a tenant.
    2. a small plot of ground adjacent to a house and used as a kitchen garden, to pasture one or two cows, etc.; a garden large enough to feed a family or have commercial value.

I think it's talking about the wooden cabin in the trailers?

2. ElKrullo

ElKrullo New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Vedtorp.se

I found this site a little while back:
    vedtorp.se

The text says:
    "Welcome to Vedtorp

Vedtorps online meeting place is under construction.
    If you have questions about the Vedtorp card or other offers, please contact the civic office.

If you are looking for Vedtorp enthusiast of the month website, click here."

It doesn't give much info, but look at the crest. Looks familiar huh?

3. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    This has to be the most riddled game hyping ever done. Wood croft sound like it could be right, considering its definition. You lot are amazing at unravelling the subtlest of clues, I don't know how you're doing it haha.

4. ElKrullo

ElKrullo New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Oh, and I forgot to mention the domain is registered to Simogo... :)

5. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Haha nice find!

Simon and Gordon sure love being thorough with their viral marketing!

6. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #46 Wicked8146, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Great find guys! Sorry I haven't been able to research as much lately as I was away for Holiday. Here's the image on the site and indeed it does like very familiar:

[​IMG]

If you recall, they ran with lakewary.com for awhile that turned out to be yearwalk.com so maybe they are doing the same sort of anagram thing here. I used some Scrabble cheaters to try to find a word and I couldn't come up with one. Maybe it is two words. "ved torp" in Swedish means "Wood cottage".

The traditional Swedish cottage is a simple panelled house made by wood and painted in red.

7. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #47 Wicked8146, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    How did you find that site? I can't seem to find anywhere that says it is registered to Simogo, although I have no doubts it is. It was registered in late August.

What does this mean?

[​IMG]

medborgarkontoret = "civic office"
    vedtorpskortet = "wood croft card"

Civic office is called out on the website.

Simogo just posted this on their latest blog:

"But just because the game (Year Walk) is finished doesn’t mean the project is finished. There is still one part of the Year Walk puzzle missing, and we hope to finish this part up very soon. We won’t talk about it before we can show it to you, so please stay tuned! Anyway, we are definitely in the final stretch of the project. It’s going to be so nice to wrap it up, it’s the most ambitious thing we’ve made!"

BTW, does anyone know how to change the name of this thread?

8. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    So does this mean it will be out soon? Hopefully it will be out this month

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Never seen this from Simogo ^^ awesome, wish they could make a adorable rpg.

10. Ninjagorilla

Ninjagorilla Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Sorry! It won't be out in January, but it shouldn't be too long. We don't want to make promises that we can't deliver on, but we will give you a date when we are 100% certain. Thanks for being so patient with us.

11. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Oh, are you still aiming for this winter?

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    My birthday is Groundhog Day, Feb. 2. There's nothing I'd like more to celebrate it than this... But, totally happy to wait for it. Looks amazing!

13. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Yup!

14. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #54 Wicked8146, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    I have been anxiously awaiting any updates to vedtorp.se but nothing. It has been a bit quiet on the Simogo front, until 5 mins ago when they posted this:

[​IMG]

A while back Apple stopped devs from creating multiple version of games (See: We Rule) so I don't know if this is just a beta thing, a preview of the icon or perhaps a hint that there are two separate versions. Maybe you play each version from a different character's point of view? I don't know. Thoughts?

Simogo just tweeted "that is something that you will learn about soon(ish)" in regards to a question about the two logos above.

Also, on Facebook, a commenter said "left" to which Simogo replied, "But what if you didn't have to choose between them?" This could imply a part 1 and part 2, maybe like Walking Dead?

It also noticed that it seems like they cut off the names of the apps on purpose...

Simogo just posted this on their FB page:

A two dimensional first person adventure / A multi touch short story / A sci-fi horror mystery set in the woods of 19th century Sweden

It appears to be a haiku but may perhaps have some alternative meaning. I will keep thinking about it.

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'd love a two parter! I'd also totally dig those icons if they decided to not have text under them. Adds to the creepiness!

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Also, if you look at the two icons cross-eyed at just the right amount, you can see a really trippy third icon in the middle.

17. Ninjagorilla

Aug 6, 2010
    Not any deeper meaning. Just throwing around a few possible descriptions of the game!

18. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    #58 Wicked8146, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Simogo just posted a blog post about Year Walk secrets including 3 images of the game. Click here to read. It's long so go read it.

Also, they answered some questions on their FB page, sort of:

1. When will http://www.vedtorp.se/ be active? - hm?
    2. What's the deal with the question mark in the image of Year Walk on your site? - It is related to the last question
    3. How long of a game is Year Walk? -We cover the length of the game here
    4. Are you planning for YW to have multiple updates or is it meant to be stand alone? - not planning any content updates
    5. What is the secret 2nd big part of Year Walk that you have not been able to talk about yet? - Wait a little longer!

They also give another shout out to the thread here. Thanks guys! Can't wait to play the game and try to find all the secrets you mention in the post and what is up with the two icons. I've enjoyed hunting for the clues so far. Since we're getting closer to the end of this adventure, is there anything we have missed so far?

Since the question mark in the Year Walk image is related to the last question, i.e. their big announcement, maybe we can take a stab at what that might be. The picture is a frame inside a frame. All of their other games are shown in a frame so this leads me to believe that the announcement will be a game contained within Year Walk. What kind of game would be within Year Walk? Maybe there is a meta game where you learn things and then apply it to another game, hence the two icons or two versions of the game? That would be pretty cool actually. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #59 Vovin, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Dammit. Why have I never stumbled on this thread before?
    Without the front page article, I'd never have found this thread.
    I love solving riddles and jumping around between clues - loved what God of Blades did with the Sword of Welleran. I'm in!

20. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    #60 Eoghann, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    I think it might be some kind of bundle rather than a game within a game; considering a Facebook comment they made regarding the two icon screenshot. Users were picking left/right/black/white and Simogo asked:

"But what if you didn't have to choose between them? HM?"

Maybe a translator or a tool that helps you navigate YW. A decoding tool or logbook to decipher and document the many mysteries YW hides. An alternate reality app perhaps? So you can experience your very own Year Walk? Something to immerse the player even deeper into the YW universe. Like God of Blade's incentive for visiting a library! I can literally expect the unexpected from Simogo.

That's why I'm discarding the ideas of separate iPhone and iPad versions, as well as a lite and a full version...those aren't exactly "big" news..not when it comes to Simogo. :)