Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-16-2014, 09:56 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Soft Limits fast high score chaser with jelly physics (by Gregory Viglione)

I made a video of my 68,132 points:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Got a promo code. After 10 minutes or so: Very recommended! Never had such a jelly feeling on my iPad. Fun and stylish.

First you have to destroy the parasites by coming near to them (but don't touch them when they become red), then you have to collect the antibodies that are dropped after parasites destruction. Touch/swipe/double-tap controls work fine. Gets pretty hectic soon. Good sounds as well. Supports one leaderboard in Game Center.

Tested on iPad Air.

Will pick Soft Limits up again for sure as soon as possible. Quote from the promo codes forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Very fun game. Takes a bit of getting used to at first moving your blob around. I quickly realized it's much better (at least in some situations) to swipe your blob around to make it move out of the way quicker than to try to move it just with your finger.

Quite unique and recommended for anyone who enjoys a little challenge.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

1st, my apologies to the developer. I received a code. Soon after, my life became filled with extreme events and heartache as well. It is not until this moment, that I am able to leave the review I promised. (I don't break my promises & I never lie)
Thank you for your understanding!

On to my review. Hopefully it is alright.

Soft Limits

Admittedly I wasn't so sure that this was a great game. Sure, interesting. Different. A nice time killer. I liked the nice pastel colors. I basically thought of it as being one of those that would sit on a virtual shelf, collecting virtual dust....

But wait... That gelatinous blob, won me over.

The look itself is attractive. Nice soft colors that aren't too demanding of your eyesight. The non traditional sounds have a pleasant futuristic feeling about them. Very nice.

You put your finger on the blob and move it around, evading parasites that randomly appear. The blob will automatically release something that slowly kills them & they, in turn, release antibodies that you collect. Of course, running into the parasites before they've disintegrated, is harmful to the gentle Blob.

At first, it looks & seems quite easy. Until the enemies show up more often & bacteria(?) attaches to the cell wall you are in, becoming more dangerous....

You'll get quite challenged when the parasites keep coming, the bacteria keeps building, and you're world around you, (the cell you are in) gets smaller. Can you say, 'Resistant super bug?!'

The uniqueness of this game makes it an original that should keep you coming back for more. I know, I will.

- Lavender Rose

Last edited by Lavender; 03-17-2014 at 03:27 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 05:36 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

There's already an existing thread for this game (not the promo code one)
I dunno how to do links.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=216216
Old 03-17-2014, 05:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
There's already an existing thread for this game (not the promo code one)
I dunno how to do links.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=216216
I am very sorry.
But... I am really confused. I added to this thread. Someone else started it.
I wouldn't know how how to add all the stuff for the game that the OP ( Habakuk. ) did. LOL.

Neither thread stated that they were the main one so I just guessed. If there was some other way to tell, please... Let me know.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes!

Last edited by Lavender; 03-17-2014 at 05:55 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 06:57 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
I am very sorry.
But... I am really confused. I added to this thread. Someone else started it.
I wouldn't know how how to add all the stuff for the game that the OP ( Habakuk. ) did. LOL.

Neither thread stated that they were the main one so I just guessed. If there was some other way to tell, please... Let me know.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes!
My comment wasn't aimed directly at you, I meant it in by general way.
The mods will probably move the comments from this thread onto the original one to keep everything in one thread.

The first thread is linked to the game from the search function, but it's not been active for a while so I dunno if it'll show in searches.