Ground Effect or Jet Car Stunts?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheSeldomSeenKid, Nov 30, 2009.

1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Hello everyone!
    I'm currently looking for a racing game. I've got my eye on Ground effect & Jet car stunts, but I'm not sure which to go for. Does anybody have any recomendations?
    I've previously had Real Racing and Crash Kart, so I was looking for something a little different.

Feedback much appreciated :)

Ell

2. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Jet Car Stunts hands down.

Except it isn't a racing game as in you compete against others, but instead you try and make it through massive, insane levels or do a time trial round a track.

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Ground Effect hands down.

I'm sure most people will say that Jet Car Stunts is better, but that is because it is more known than Ground Effect.

Ground effect is far underrated IMO.

And if it's something different that you are looking for, go for Ground Effect - I guarentee that you have never played anything remotely like it before.

4. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    #4 arhb, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
    Ground Effect is a really cool racing game. The graphics and draw distance are really good, and the mechanics of the vehicle are more complicated than you expect. Not only do you have to manage the turning left and right, but you have to make sure your craft doesn't bottom out at inconvenient moments causing you to crash into the ground. The hovercraft mechanic gives a really unique racing experience, allowing you to execute some really cool moves to navigate the tracks. Also there is a full replay for the last race you did for each track, which you can take over at any point to improve your time. I beta tested the game, and its my favourite racing game on the platform. For $1.99 its a great deal. I haven't played jet car, but ground effect is a great racer.

5. TheSeldomSeenKid

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    A quick question:
    I was looking at the screen shots for Jet Car Stunts and the controls look very confusing. Can anybody tell me a little bit about them?
    Also, is Ground Effect tilt to steer and touch to accelerate/ brake?

6. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    ground effect is nice but jet car stunts is way more different and way more fun.
    Jet Car Stunts no contest

7. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    Ground Effect has an automatic acceleration, tilt to steer, with buttons to boost and brake. The boost is depleted and refills with successful passing of points within the world. Its a free roaming racer, and you can actually take short cuts to get the fastest time on the tracks.

8. TheSeldomSeenKid

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Just to let you know, both are the same price in the UK- $2/ £1.19

9. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Jet Car Stunts. The level design is genius, and the game itself is an absolute blast. That's the one you should get. But be warned: There is a learning curve, but you can get through it with a bit of patience and practice.

10. sk8erdude50

Oct 6, 2009
    ya i thought the game was hard until i learned how to get through them fast after like 30 mins

11. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Just get them both. ;) They're both great. :D

12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

to me, they're both impossible, however, ground effect is slightly easier to me so i can get further. i therefore like ground effect more

13. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I love the challenge of Jet Car Stunts. It doesn't frustrate at all; it just makes you want to keep on trying over and over again, and then you feel great after you beat it.

14. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I've played both, go with Jet Car Stunts. It's a really, really good game and it'll keep you coming back for more.

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i very much disagree, i find that these two games are playing me, not im playing them, they just aggravate me so badly!

i have to say, ground effect made me throw my ipod once! but then again, i get aggravated by games very easily!:)

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Both are AMAZING games but...
    Ground effects is more racing.
    Jet car stunts is more tricks and big jumps.

Both are very fun. I found JCS refreshing from all the other racers out there. But you cant go wrong with either of them

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I don't think of JCS as a racer at all. For me, it's a platformer in which the main character happens to be a jet-propelled car.

Both games are great, but JCS has a bit more polish.

18. sk8erdude50

Oct 6, 2009
    I was having a lot of fun with JCS until the last platformer level- it is so f*** hard! You would be lucky to get past the first obstacle! But i love this game and its one of my best and i hope they put a level editor in cause that would put it #1 forever. Plus i hope they bring out the music bug update soon cause i am tired of using headphones.

19. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ground Effect sucked IMO, big dissappointment.

Go with Jet Car Stunts

20. TheSeldomSeenKid

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Well, I've downloaded JCS and I'm happy, but not. I'm enjoying (and becoming very frustrated) with the game, but I can't help but think I've made the wrong decission. Now I want to download ground effect just to see if I was right, therefore defeating the object of choosing one or the other.
    Ground Effect might possibly be being downloaded later...