Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Does anyone know best combo for Blue Moon?

Does Panlong+Storm or Crystal+Snow really have a 50% chance of getting one?

2. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Well got really lucky and got two leap years right away, so just need 2 blue moons and 2 papers. If I get two of each of those ill be happy. After that I guess I'll go for equinox if there's time. We'll see.

I'm still stuck with EBI bc of that 48hr dragon I got stuck with in the cave yesterday morning.

I think paper may be the biggest pain but we'll see.

Does anyone know if you will be able to breed a second blue moon if you have one even after it expires again? If so ill move onto paper after I get one.

3. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Well since all the limiteds came back, both of my attempts at Apocs have resulted in Blue Moon fails. One Bloom/Metal and the other Lichen/Magnetic.

4. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Yes...I remember getting my Blue Moon egg display after it closed using Blue Moon and Equinox ;)

5. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    LMAO.....with the flood gates open for dragons, I'm getting fails of every limited dragon I don't need. Using Lichen/Chrystal, trying to get that emerald egg. From Reindeer, Leap, Ghost, to Blue Moon....LOL

6. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Congrats to all

Congrats on the breeding success everyone. Did you get the two leap years with the same combination? Bluefire and Moss? Wow lucky success for you. Hoping to get a second one as I was only able to get one even with continuous breeding earlier this year.

For Blue Moon, recommend what worked for me Bloom and Dodo or Bloom and Sandstorm. Once you have one you can breed with Solar/Lunar Eclipse for a 50/50 chance on a 2nd. Equinox was one I was unable to breed when released but got lucky on the 4th-5th try last night Blazing and Plasma (or Current will also work).

I too was thinking a major release would happen later this week so I bred a platinum and gold on Monday thinking we had a couple days and hoping for a 2nd platinum. Also got a sun fail before the Apocalypse dragon was released and all returning dragons were unlocked. 2nd Platinum is on the back burner now until after the holidays - anyone still trying you will get one it took me weeks also of rust fails in both the cave and island.

Early Merry Christmas and Happy 2013 to all, looking forward to another year of DV, forums and gem gifting with friends. As compared to others I am looking forward to the return of winter and snow to DV. I like the snow covered buildings, changes to the trees and look forward to what they do with the new decorations they have added this year. The Astrovane, Umbral sculpture and Pillar of Prophesy are all animating together in the center of my 4 seasons island - cool to see them all active.

Looking forward to doing some redecorating over the next couple weeks while making dragons!

Cheers to all, TexasTed

7. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don't really want to spoil the fun, but this dragon frenzy making all of the limiteds available for a short period of time is quite boring for those of us who already have all the dragons. :(

On the other hand, the Apocalypse dragon is MAGNIFICENT!:D

Hope you all get what you need and want. From breeding that is. :)

And for you Texas Ted, and everyone else, a very merry Christmas too. <3

8. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    I am working on an Emerald Egg also - it is almost too crazy having all available at one time. Not complaining at all about a good thing and BFS is definitely benefiting moving from 20 something early in week in Top Grossing Apps in US store to currently #2. With all the new idevices arriving on the 25th it should be top spot when the App store ranking locks up later this week. Good job BFS for the surprises, new and old content!

9. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Got my second Leap Year cooking and my first Emerald. Had two Sakura fails earlier today.

10. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Nice!

Blue moon is being a pain and a gem waster for me. At least fails have been short so far. But as many as I've sped up I would think I'd have it by now. Hope to get it soon bc I think trying for 2 Papers is going to take awhile.

11. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    The only long fail i had was a crystal which is 24 hrs i hurried the last 6 hrs with gems.

Next on the list is Pearl. I decided to try and get at least one of each that i don't have first then go for the seconds.

12. ~ebbnflow~

~ebbnflow~ Active Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Alanon, good calls! Now I feel like a kid in a candy store. I'd like to have two Sakuras and a Love dragon to go, please.

With the release of the Apocalypse dragon, I can't help but think BackFlip re-released all the dragons because of the Mayan calendar ending on December 21. End of the world? Might as well let the people enjoy it while they can. :eek:

13. 1stoscartgrouch

Dec 12, 2012
    What level is it released at?

14. araziza

araziza Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Wow. I was missing paper and equinox. Got the paper, but tried for equinox, BAM!!! Double rainbow fails. Good thing there's a large rainbow habitat.
    By the way, LOVING this having all the dragons available thing. Gone from 230 stockpiled gems to 50.

15. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Got my Blue Moon last night. Now just need 2 paper and an equinox and ill be pretty happy. Then if I have time left ill try for some other stuff.

I'm being somewhat conservative on gems so far but my count is slowly lowering ;)

16. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Omg- got my longed for Leap Year! The only one I completely missed out on. First try with Seaweed/Firefly. Thank-you Sandbox!

17. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Hooray for BFS

I got my first Leap Year dragon using Pollen and Scorch! So excited! I'm going to try for Bloom next. So many possible fails with every single dragon available :eek:

18. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #7518 Foxtail2010, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Congrats Thornefeather! Several of us have gotten LY, wonder if the odds are improved for the limited/rares?
    Strange that Current doesn't show up in the Market.

Hey anyone missing the Birthstone Gems- The past Gem dragons are available too!

19. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yep that's what I think happened.

20. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Odds must be higher bc I just got my 3rd leap year while trying for paper.