App description: Lost Toys is a mentally engaging 3D puzzle game of profound beauty, depth and challenge. Toys are lost, broken, or forgotten. Fixing them promises to right this hauntingly gorgeous chamber and restore the childhood innocence that has been lost.

* Winner Best Game Design Award at Sense of Wonder Night 2013
* Winner Most Artistic at Codame Indie Games Developers Showcase

The visuals on Lost Toys are incredible. Codame

Lost Toys is the type of game you rarely see on mobile and tablet, which is why it seems so refreshing. Indie Haven

Spiral down to discover a surreal world populated by discarded, mixed-up toys hanging lifelessly from the ceiling. Reconstruct the jumbled toys to reveal their original shapes to progress through 4 chapters and 32 levels in this gothic masterpiece. The more levels you fix the harder they get.

Spin the petrified wooden toy in full 3D to study it from every angle.
Learn the intuitive controls through discovery.
Two play modes, standard and unlimited.
Rotate the scrambled pieces in the proper order to unravel the childhood toy.
Only a few moves are ever necessary. Undo by tapping the filled circles.
There are no timers, points, or scores. You won't miss them.
Tap the (?) if you grow weary of the challenge, or avoid it altogether for a real brain bender.
Replay levels as many times as you like. The toys are reshuffled each time.
Original soundtrack by Peter Rudenko. Best experienced with headphones.

** IMPORTANT ** Requires at least an iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (5th gen) or newer.

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 94.9 MB.

Price in NZ is $5.29 which should translate to USD $3.49

Requirements :

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Lost Toys is a mentally engaging 3D puzzle game of profound beauty, depth and challenge. Toys are lost, broken, or forgotten. Fixing them promises to right this hauntingly gorgeous chamber and restore the childhood innocence that has been lost.

* Winner Best Game Design Award at Sense of Wonder Night 2013
* Winner Most Artistic at Codame Indie Games Developers Showcase

“The visuals on Lost Toys are incredible.” — Codame

“Lost Toys is the type of game you rarely see on mobile and tablet, which is why it seems so refreshing.” — Indie Haven

Spiral down to discover a surreal world populated by discarded, mixed-up toys hanging lifelessly from the ceiling. Reconstruct the jumbled toys to reveal their original shapes to progress through 4 chapters and 32 levels in this gothic masterpiece.

— Spin the petrified wooden toy in full 3D to study it from every angle.
— Rotate the scrambled pieces in the proper order to unravel the childhood toy.
— Only a few moves are ever necessary. Undo by tapping the filled circles.
— There are no timers, points, or scores. You won't miss them.
— Tap the (?) if you grow weary of the challenge.
— Replay levels as many times as you like. They’re reshuffled each time.
— Original soundtrack by Peter Rudenko. Best experienced with headphones.

** IMPORTANT ** — Requires at least an iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (5th gen) or newer.
iPhone Screenshots

01-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
Ths is exactly what I hunt for, games like this.

Should slightly ease the wait for Shadowmatic
You can also play Blueprint 3D or Blueprint 3D HD, which seem a similar concept to Shadowmatic but were released a long time ago.

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 01-10-2014 at 12:06 AM.
01-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Just completed the game without using the game's built-in hint.

Yikes! All I can say is be prepared to spend hours, days, or even weeks on these puzzles. The later toys are exceedingly difficult to solve. I can also confirm now (having finished the game) that some of the randomized configurations for some toys have much easier solutions with fewer steps. Thus, if you are desperate and refuse to use the game's built-in hint, you can "restart" the game to try to load an easier configuration. Take note that this is not necessarily a viable strategy, since the later toys have so many moving parts that a reload is more likely than not to give just as a complicated configuration as before.

Since the ending is kinda difficult to reach, here is a screenshot of the end.

Keen eyes will see something unusual in this screenshot.

Spoiler: After you solved all 32 toys hanging in the room, the game will tell you that you have a bonus toy on the floor, which is the 33rd toy. This is a hidden toy (as the app description says that there are only 32 toys) and is also the MOST DIFFICULT toy to solve in the game, requiring 9 steps to solve. Took me 7 hours to do this one.

There is indeed more that occurs at the end of the game after you have solved all of the toys hanging in the room.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 01-10-2014 at 02:01 AM.

01-10-2014, 11:50 AM
This looks fantastic but I must say only 32 puzzles is disappointing which is why I still haven't hit the buy button.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
01-10-2014, 12:49 PM
From my experience with the game, I actually think that 32 puzzles are plenty enough. The later puzzles are very hard, so it can take you many hours just to pass a few of the last ones (assuming you don't cheat or use the built-in hints, obviously). As well, even though the "toys" are different, there are only a handful of segmentation methods used to scramble the toys. Different toys with the same segmentation methods are essentially identical puzzles. Thus, the only new challenge is to recognize the general shape of the toy so you know which piece goes where. It sometimes can be a challenge, for example, knowing which foot/leg goes where, but the Rubik's Cube gameplay is identical otherwise. Making more toys will just be repeats of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
This looks fantastic but I must say only 32 puzzles is disappointing which is why I still haven't hit the buy button.
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
From my experience with the game, I actually think that 32 puzzles are plenty enough. The later puzzles are very hard, so it can take you many hours just to pass a few of the last ones (assuming you don't cheat or use the built-in hints, obviously). As well, even though the "toys" are different, there are only a handful of segmentation methods used to scramble the toys. Different toys with the same segmentation methods are essentially identical puzzles. Thus, the only new challenge is to recognize the general shape of the toy so you know which piece goes where. It sometimes can be a challenge, for example, knowing which foot/leg goes where, but the Rubik's Cube gameplay is identical otherwise. Making more toys will just be repeats of the same.
Thanks. I think I'll give it a shot, I'm a huge puzzle fan and have cubes as small as 2x2x2 and as large as 11x11x11 and many additional similar combination puzzles.

GameCenter: DruciferBriggs (if you send a request please mention you're from TA)
01-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Drucifer,

I love to hear your impression of this game. I am not a Rubik's Cube fan myself, so I like to know if the algorithms used to solve Rubik's Cube can be adapted to solve some of the puzzles in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
Thanks. I think I'll give it a shot, I'm a huge puzzle fan and have cubes as small as 2x2x2 and as large as 11x11x11 and many additional similar combination puzzles.
01-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I'm trying to think of ios games like this (or somewhat like it)

- Shadowmatic
- Zen Bound
- Cogs
- Davincis demons

Can you or anyone come up with more?

Blueprint3D HD
01-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Interlocked, pulma 3d are a couple others

Pulma is http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ighlight=Pulma
But seems to have been removed from store

Last edited by Dazzlemi; 01-11-2014 at 09:55 AM.