★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-19-2014, 06:32 AM
Well, I finished weyworld. Unlocked all the expansion beacons anyway. The more extreme landscape added a fun extra tactical element to how you sculpt the world etc. There still needs to be some form of adversity though, other players, rival Gods, natural disasters, anything. They have a really nice flowing water mechanic, why not implement flooding, force you to leave rivers in place rather than flattening everything into a monotonous monoplane? It reminds me of that other world-sculpting "game", where they decided that they couldn't gamify it, so just left it as a kind of demo of an engine. godus is a great engine, waiting for an actual game to be placed on it, despoiled by timers/ monetisation.

I'm going to give it a rest until the next major update hits.

What they should do is implement a "speed up time" slider, 2x, 5x, 10x etc, like Populous used to have, and have it as a one-off paid for upgrade. That way people can choose to have a freemium experience, rather than a timers/ grinding/ pay-to-play one. Are you listening, Mr. Molyneaux?
11-19-2014, 07:21 AM
I finished Weyworld a few days ago too. It was an improvement, but ultimately came down to waiting for ore, tap, repeat. I kept thinking something was going to happen when I completed the last beacon, but I can't even landscape the Astari lands even though they're all gone.

Not sure why I went back to it, really, except curiosity, and then I kept thinking "one more beacon and something will happen." But nothing ever did.
03-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Just updated today, new chests, lore, etc. good to see it not abandoned

Gamecenter : taeles
03-27-2015, 07:56 PM
Yeah before I quit the game I just went on a meteor fest.