iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Please use at least the spoiler tag!!!
    One of the best thing in this game is the story and how it unfolds, do not name clearily names and situations, you're ruining the game for many of us!!!
    (I'm in chapter 2 and unfortunately read the spoilers!!!)
    Please edit for others!

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Er, if you're referring to the "Save Argath" post above yours, that is literally the third battle in the entire game, and it doesn't have any key plot uses. Not really spoiling much.

3. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Still, you should've used spoiler alert. Maybe not much FOR YOU but for other people it might spoil the fun.

4. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I've experienced no slowdown at all when casting magic, or maybe because I'm still at the beginning of the game? Everything's very smooth.

iPhone 4, 32gb, 13gb free, iOS4.2.1, never jailbroken.

Maybe jailbreak is the reason for slowdown. That, or playing it on 2nd or 3rd gen devices?

5. GameOver

GameOver Active Member

Jul 28, 2011
    disappointed

disappointed :mad:

6. greenTeaGames

greenTeaGames New Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Great game, but I hope the slowdown is fixed soon. More importantly though is this:

Has anyone found a reliable way to transfer save games between devices?

I am using a non-jailbroken iPhone 4 and iPad 1, and want to play the same game on both devices. I have twice successfully transferred the save game files from the documents folder (FFTSAVE.BIN; resume.sav; settings.sav) using "iPhone Explorer" for Mac (Lion), but the results are very unpredictable.

Anybody else out there trying to do the same thing? Am I missing a file somewhere?

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I was about to suggest that very thing...if you find out which is the culprit please share it.

iOS 5 cloud saving and its adoption from ANYONE (Square Enix I'm looking at you, you still do not support GameCenter!!!) can't came soon enough.
    And while we're at it, Apple should really let you backup your savegames easy and fast...something cloud saving apparently do not address if you delete an app.

8. zero144

zero144 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    This has been posted before but this is a good thread for advice:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1868741&posted=1#post1868741

9. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Gentleman Adventurer.
    Lancaster, UK
    Chaos Rings Omega does - it has in-game achievements via Game Center.

They really should. That would be very useful.

Tell them so - I have, and if enough people do...

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

10. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    lolno, I doubt naming a character is spoiling anyone's fun. No need to overreact.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    More than 20 hours in and it keeps getting better and better.
    Hands down the best game I played in years on any platform.
    The story and how it's presented is simply amazing.
    I lost all my healers tough...I debated a lot if reloading or proceed in the story.
    Curiosity won :)

12. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Now you know why I love this game so much. After Chapter 1 you'll get three free recruits, you can either keep them and train another healer, usually one of them has a few unlocked white Mage spells. Or you could take their gear, sell it and get a fresh recruit.

13. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    I totally agree. Just got to Chapter 2 (love the last 2 battles of Chapter 1 BTW) and the game is just epic in every which way.

Probably the best RPG story I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing in a video game, and the game mechanics are a TBS fan's slobbering wet dream. Deep and addictive.

I played close to 80 hours of this game on PS1 over 10 years ago and I do not remember ever having this much fun.

This is the power of good writing and localization, folks.

14. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I started playing this and it reminded me of how I have Tactics Ogre on my PSP. So I pulled out my old PSPgo, blew off all the dust, and started playing TO. And I immediately regretted it. Now I'm completely HOOKED (again) on TO and can barely play FFT:WotL without feeling like it's really dated (ironically enough).

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I forgot to mention how I like that the Chronicle is updated depending on what point in the story you're at.

16. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Finished up a few other games lately, and as it rained I figured this would be good to sink some time into while waiting for the iPad version to arrive. Not having even heard of FFT until now I wasn't sure what to expect, and from the looks of things it'll keep me busy for quite some time. Only played the first two battles while working through the tutorial, and aside from fairly frequent crashing (iPad 2) and the usual pixel doubled blurriness it seems quite playable so far.

Here's hoping for a speedy iPad release in any case. :)

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Problem is I'm at the end of Chapter 2...so I lost even THOSE healers :)
    I never thought about taking someone else gear!!!
    Hmmm.... :)

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For me it's my very first playthrough and I'm having a total blast.
    I played almost all (mostly western) RPGs from Akhalabeth to Dragon Age going through Goldbox series, Ultima (U7 is one of my all time favorite), Balsur's Gate and so on to Oblivion, but I'm finding the story unparalleled.
    I especially like the fact you aren't the usual lone hero bound to save the World from a summoned demon (again!!!) but it seems an excerpt from a middle age chronicle with 'realistic' outcomes and almost everyone is human (another plus for ne).
    And the pace it unfolds togheter with the amazing (and numerous!!!) cutscenes is terrific.
    Not to talk about th in game Chronicle, updated everytime (I loved how the updated it after ending chapter 1 ;) ).
    I feel really sorry for the people that where scared by the first (always legit) reviews and are missing IMHO one of best experience I had in past years on any platform.

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Is TO similar to FFT story wise?
    I hope SE will port it too, day one.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy