iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    #361 shero89, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    it's not the graphic alone you've got the soundtrack of the game featuring 60 songs with high quality audio and vocals with remixes and new songs, this takes huge space I would've preferred normal soundtrack though to reduce the game size

Edit: Forgot to mention that the game doesn't support the new iPad retina display but it's not bad though

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I thought I just add a Picture so some do actually realize why the Filesize literally did explode if it comes to the The World Ends With You (Nintendo DS/Apple iDevice Retina) comparing posts.

[​IMG]

Comparing the DS Resolution with the Retina. And yes those two small Picture on the Left are the actual Nintendo DSi Resolution. (Click the Picture to see it it in all it`s glory)

I hope that Way a few more do actually realize that you couldn`t just simple take the 60 MB Nintendo DS Build and just put it 1:1 on the Apple iDevice.

3. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Found what seems to be a decent review here: http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/08/quickadvice-twewy

'However, I do wish that Square Enix had made this a universal app, since there is literally no difference between the iPhone and iPad versions. Also, from some iTunes reviews, they decided to make the iPhone version unplayable on the iPad in 2x mode, which is just plain greedy.'

Thanks, yeah must be the sound since the review I linked above says there's no difference between the iPhone and iPad versions, plus the size is the same. Since my iPad is JB'ed and I have the RetinaPad tweak, the best for me would be to get the iPhone version.. but Square sucks and made it not run on the iPad. I have the iPad 2, just asked about it supporting the new Ipad resolution because I was impressed with the file size.

4. FatalWish

FatalWish New Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Game Impressions

I signed up just to post this,

For those that are still thinking about whether they should purchase it or not, lt me answer that for you. Yes.

I've played it on the Nintendo DSi XL, however it was deemed too large to carry around as I like to travel often and prefer a smaller, lighter, loard. My iPhone.

Initial Impression + Gameplay:

This game is by far one of the shining gems in the vast library of Nintendo games. Now that it's on the iOS platform, I've decided to purchase it immediately. I wasn't disappointed at all, I can finally give my Nintendo DSi away knowing that there's a game like this ported to the iOS. I guarantee you it is a great game and it is well worth the money. I purchased the iPhone version and the iPad version for my girlfriend. So far we are both enjoying it, the combat system takes a bit of time to adjust to, but since I am familiar of the usage of the 'pins' in the combat system I immediately mastered the controls after a single battle. In fact, I prefer having both the protagonist (Neku and Shiki) on the same screen rather than having them separate. There are a variety of RPG elements (eg. Equipping clothes that provide stat bonuses or eating food which provides stat boosts), all which are integrated perfectly within the game.

Enter: Shibuya

You control Neku in a city-environment setting, using your fingers to drag him around. The setting of the game is impressive. Tall buildings immediately surround you, there are stores filled with brand names everywhere - you immediately get the sense of being in an urbanized city (In this case Shibuya, Japan). Take in the beautiful graphics and just explore the city. There are tons of people just wandering around doing their business it certainly establishes the setting well.

Soundtrack:

Now let me get this straight, I normally dislike this type of music but when it's paired up with combat I love it. The soundtrack was so good I decided to purchase the soundtrack after playing the original TWEWY and without a doubt I listen to some of the songs till this date. Albeit, I still dislike this type of genre.

Story:

I'm not going to say much because I don't want to spoil anything at all. Just let me tell you this, I've played games like 999: The Nonary Game (One of the best NDS game I've EVER played) and I can say that the story compares to that. It's grand scale and you'll certainly enjoy it like I did.

Conclusion:

Honestly, just purchase this game, it's only 20$ for the iPhone version and it's WELL worth it if you enjoy RPG games. *Note that I wrote this quick as I'm about the head to work, hope this at least convinces some of you guys to purchase this wonderful game!

5. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Yes the iPhone and iPad versions are basically the same so they decided to profit more by making two separate versions + disabling the iPhone version on iPad

6. Qwaserty

Qwaserty Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Welp, and I was really looking forward to playing this game. Sad day for my iPod. D:

7. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    I really feel sorry for you, on the bright side at least you didn't buy it and found out the hard way :D

8. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Sorry, I was out feeding my chickens. While I was gone square didnt happen to release the is for the iPod did they?

9. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    ok ok ok ok ok ok .. bought! :p

10. truthwritten

truthwritten Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Just waiting for one person to admit that gameplay isn't hindered on the larger iPad screen before I buy. Any takers?

11. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    I have a question. If the reason that this game cannot be played on the iPod is because it doesnt have enough RAM, how come the newer iPods don't have more RAM? I understand that the iPhone needs more RAM because it's a phone, but why does the IPad have more RAM than the itouch is it because of a bigger screen? Or is apple trying to get people to have an itouch AND an iPhone?

12. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    There is another thread for this game specifically for the iPad. Just search TWEWY in the forums and you should find it.

13. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    #374 2hvy4grvty, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  14. You can buy 3 styli on Amazon for $1, it is well worth it.

15. Wow, really? You have an ipad and you prefer to play games on your iphone? Ever since I got my new ipad, haven't even touched my iphone 4.

All I'm seeing in the ganeplay videos is cool cut screens and killing little frogs, there has to be more to the game than that right?

16. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Hmmm I just started reading up on the FAQs for TWEWY due to questions on pin evolution.

Am I correct to say I can't evolve the pins that require "mingle" pp if I don't have a friend?

17. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah all the games I've played so far was on my 4S the iPad is just too big for gaming at least for me yes TWEWY is much more deeper than that I guarantee it :)

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Does this mean you dont have the game yet? Im not going to spoil the game for you, but i can say this game is easily, definitely worth $20 and you cant find an RPG game like it on the appstore.

It was a favorite on my now-dead NDS, and it is now a favorite on the 4s. Im actually planning to buy the HD version as well for the ipad3, but i went with the SD first since i can play that on both devices, even if it is just on x2 on the ipad. Also, the 4s comes with me all the time, so ill have better game time when i have it on the 4s.

19. pedroagria

pedroagria Member

Aug 25, 2012
    You're in for some disappointment when you realize the iphone version is locked from the iPad :(