Castlevania Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gryphon, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Is there any chance there will be ports of older castlevania games for IOS?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Not a chance, werent they created for/by Nintendo ?

Always been searching for 'similar' type of games, Clash Force is a good run/jump Contra/Castlevania-ish type of game.

Love Castlevania, i always keep an eye out for a similar type of game

3. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Its Konami made.

There is a puzzle game of castlevania already for ios. I jsut want ports of the actual games.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Duhhh course its by Konami, oops my mind had gone blank, glad you corrected me !

Still wish Nintendo would sell some of their games on iOS but its not really going to happen. Plus the price of some of their retro games on the Wii are ridiculous e.g

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/10/mario-and-zelda-hit-3ds-download-shop-for-an-absolutely-insane-39-99/

5. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    The three games I keep hoping for are symphony of the night and the sorrow games.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Since 2010 there hasn`t been any real new Innovative Game from Konami on iOS that hasn`t been an Port and even some of those aren`t worth the Price Konami is charging for it.

Taking a look at the current iOS Portfolio of Konami shows how much they really care about it...

7. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Thats a shame.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Astronot. J-Werwolf. Swordigo. Akane the Kunoichi (but this one felt more of a platformer than an exploration game)

Then there's this "chapter-1 only" game which title i forgot but had a female protagonist named Anya, and she has jiggly bewbs.

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #9 Bool Zero, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    Elemental Rage as well as SZC Beyond Dead (which is more Metroid then Castlevania)...

[Edit] and the game with the Anya chick is called Dark Incursion.

10. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    #10 DoctaMario, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    Jailbreak and download some emulators. They work great and are a great way to be able to play the classic games. I even have Rondo of Blood on my iPhone.

The PsX emu doesn't run at full speed last I checked and there's no DS emu but Aria of Sorrow works great on the Gsphone emu an the NES and SNES emus are great too.

11. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Im using a ipod touch 2g for now and am getting the ipod touch 5 in like a week or so (its on order) I dont think an ipod touch 5 jailbreak is out yet.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    the new game Lemegeton is a pretty good Castlevania-like game, you might want to check it out. It's fre to download, and the intro chapter comes with it. Unlock chapter 1 through IAP at $3.

13. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    I didnt mean castlevania like games, I was wondering about actual ports of castlevania games. Sorry for the confusion.

14. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Jailbreak the 2g and use it for emus. I'm fairly sure they'd run.

15. unc0nnected

unc0nnected Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    that would be awesome though.. there are so many classic games that would port so well to the iphone.. I was a PC gamer myself but I can thing of a ton that would work great. Hopefully there's deals giong on in back rooms as we speak to bring them back to life

16. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    No, those are strictly Konami. The only reason I don't see these coming to iOS (in the near future) is simply because they might want to try and sell them on the eShop as a sort of VC content on 3DS. But I can still see them eventually making their way to iOS. After all, the cost to make those games has been very low. Poor Iga barely makes ends meet making those games for Konami.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Please no discussions on where to get emulators for jailbroken devices though

Thanks

18. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Does anyone know why the jailbreak/emulator forum got nixed?

Anyway, I've had almost every CV game from CV1 to Haunted Castle, to Aria of Sorrow on my old 3GS and they all ran pretty well with the exception being SoTN (which I also tried on my 4, but I think the PSX emu still needs some work). So if you're looking to play CV games on your iPhone, the state of emulation on I-devices is pretty good.