Asking favour for money^^

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Borgqueenx, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    #1 Borgqueenx, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Hi guys. I love dos games since i played them since i were a kid. There is now a ipad and iphone emulator in the app store called aemula oldies.
    There has been hacking on this emulator allowing us to add games to it.
    I need someone to hack more games into the list. I own alot of dos games and love to extend the list with all games i own(wich are like 15). If you can help me get them to that list id be buying you some beers by transferring some money with paypal. Or if you dont have those id also be happy to gift you some app store games/apps.
    Since i tried but cant do this, i want to ask the community.
    I dont think this falls under the rules of "selling", but ofc real money is involved for completing my favour. If thats not appropiate, please delete the topic then il recreate it and ask no money. But i miss the games on dos ...

So contact me if you wanna help:)
    The reward will be 15 dollar if you help me get all 15 games in the list.

Here is the tutorial on how do this:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2064172&postcount=494

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Asking a forum that consists primarily of 15 year olds to hack something for you in exchange for beer money might not be the most reliable place.

3. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010
    i could at least try :) who knows someone with a bit of skill could do this for me, who also got alot of free time.
    The tutorial and instructions on how to hack and add the games are in the topic when searching the forum for eamula.
    I just cant because i lose concentration and cant focus myself while doing all that. it does involve a few steps.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Probably not very helpful but Apple locks things down so much it's doubtful you could get decent results. I've got iDos on my iPod and while I did have success getting things working even windows 98 they just weren't very useful at all on the touchscreen.

I think if you really want to play them in any real meaningful way your best bet is probably using Dosbox on a real computer.

I did see one article not that long ago that looked promising on Android tablets though but then again they have USB support. link to article.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Worth PMing the guy who created Aemulda. The last update added more games to it. So you might have some which could 'possibly' be added to the next release.

I presume they'll have to be freeware and publically available, companies who own the rights to these old games might not want them available or added to apps such as this.

But worth contacting the guy to see if there are any which the original company said are freeware

6. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010