iPad Dungeon Raid (by Fireflame Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Nov 15, 2010.

1. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Seems Rogue- like.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It IS a great roguelike/match 3 the dev appears to have abandoned some time ago. Many of us here at TA would gladly pay top dollar if he were to update it or release some HD version! :(

3. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Honestly, I'd drop $20 for an updated version

4. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm starting to understand why people love it. It's really fantastic when you put some time into it. Well I paid two dollars and I think people are buying the game still. It would be nice if the developer would post on these forums and let us know what's going on.

5. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Yeah the game starts off as a simple and fun twist on a match 3 game... but as you play more you realize how surprisingly deep the strategy is and it can really suck you in. It's simple and complex at the same time which is a very tough balance to hit but this game does it perfectly. I wish the developer would come back and support it (or cash in and make a sequel that is just an updated version of it). Sadly I don't think that's happening. He hasn't even responded to the last few emails I sent him (where as before he would).

Either way enjoy the game :- ) It should keep you entertained for a long time if you only just discovered it!

6. King Muumuu

King Muumuu Active Member

May 4, 2011
    #2306 King Muumuu, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    I regret the thread necro, but I just want to confirm eflin's commentary that the developer does not answer e-mails anymore. I am fearing the worst.

7. SyKot

SyKot Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Can anyone confirm me id it crashes on iOS 7? I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 7 and it crashes when pressing Edit at hero creation.

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

#2308 andsoitgoes, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    It's good for me on an iPhone 5 and on my wife's iPhone 4 it works just fine, too.

I known how you feel, that was one of my biggest concerns because Dungeon Raid > almost every other game on the App Store.

I tried editing a few times and I had no crashes at all. I didn't do anything else when I upgraded her phone.

9. SyKot

SyKot Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Ill restore the phone soon too since it other odd behaviors and check if it still happens.
    Thanks for the info!
    Besides that, there are no other issues right?

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Tested this for you on my iPad Mini and I get the same crash even after a hard reset and trying to download a second time. 32GB Cellular model.

11. SyKot

SyKot Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    iOS 7? On my iPad 3 6.1.2 didn't crash at that part, but I wanted to play it on the iphone.

12. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Indeed, iOS 7. Should have mentioned that, I tried updating my TA profile but it looks like iOS7 still isn't selectable as a iPad OS yet.

13. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Got this based on TheFrost's recommendation and Block Legend didn't do anything for me. If you like Block Legend at all you will love this game. Dungeon Raid is superior in every way imaginable.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    True. The one thing Block Legend MAY have over Dungeon Raid is continuing dev support from fixes to updates.

Dungeon Raid seems pretty dead already. But yeah, never left my iphone, never will, even though i almost never open the app anymore. How i wish there was a sequel.

A Dungeon Raid sequel with maybe a Mountain Sheep art style and polish would be rad. :)

15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I knew you were going to love it. :)

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Didn't see your post... Yep, Dungeon Raid is dead update wise I guess (I hope I get slapped in the face like PSJ :p on the MCG thread, I really do), a sequel is more possible.

I got both DR and BL almost on the same day and DR blows the other one out of the water. I particularly love that skulls have different ways to deal with them and makes it really varied there. Also the matching is hiding a really deep game. Cant love this one enough, even with black borders. An I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1 installed, not a single crash so far and played a lot.

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    so i was checking out this game and it looks good, is there any progression you keep after loosing? after trying the lite version it seems no

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    You unlock different classes that have different skills, but other than this... no.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh... reading the responses here im surprised a lot hasnt played Dungeon Raid til recently. o_O

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I were always on the fence until I played Block Legends and craved for something more, something faster... I am so glad I finally bought it :)