Universal Star Warfare: Alien Invasion - (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #701 Drexiel, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    dude, i think i was with you there... Full Pegasus set with Windblade and the gold machinegun... sound familiar?

and Yup, the boss is pretty easy but a very fun battle nonetheless

EDIT: Nope, u weren't with me on the first match, but it was a lobby made by you, my second kill, u were there... just now

2. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    haha yeah, I saw ya. =p

Dude...that boss didn't do half of those moves the first time I fought him. When I first fought him he never went under ground or teleported through walls...dude haha was a bit harder then my first attempt.

3. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    xD

He used all of those the first time i killed him.... He gives a lot of money... but hits like a 5 year old girl... he ran me over and took like 3k hp..... monsters b4 the boss hit harder....

gotta take advantage of this now b4 he gets buffed xD

BTW something I noticed...

When he goes underground... while his tail is still out, you can see where he is coming out next....

and as for the portals.... I just go to the one he went trough, easier to spot where the next portal spawned...

Since he's so easy, imma have to change to the thunder set

4. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #704 Asasnator, May 7, 2012
    yeah the only issue I have the with the fight is that...before you get to him, the aliens before that hit like a truck, 3 hits and your dead (when using thunder armor). Though not to bad if you NEVER stand still for very long, and when your moving make sure that you are walking FORWARD when attacking so that nothing can come up from behind and attack you...cause you'll move to fast so the most they can do is reach you, stop try to attack, but by then your way out of their range. So make sure your always moving forward when firing, and when you hit a wall quickly turn around maybe strafe for a second or two to pick off any aliens that are on your tail, then continue to move forward and etc. Very simple method really, its how I rarely die with thunder armor here when I'm doing levels out of the armor's league.

EDIT: also..I'm kinda falling in love with the new white/gold armor set that just came out. It gives 2!!, yes 2!!! additional SPD so I move like a lightening bolt! also get 25% POW, so easy to play now...haha and you get 5% additional gold, so I'm almost contemplating changing my main armor set...DX I'll miss you my wonderful thunder armor...lol though I'll probably still use the thunder armor the most for when farming gold for the first 3 boss kills of each boss or just helping out new players on easy bosses, but after that I'm gonna use the new white/gold armor. =D

5. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Ok so I can kill the serpent in a party... still can't kill siegfried -__-

6. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    want some help with sieg? could PM me. =]

7. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    oops. sry for accidental double post.

8. Northrall

Northrall Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    #708 Northrall, May 7, 2012
    Asdfasdf update is out!!!

Edit: What's the new area look like? Can't update til I find a place with decent internet. ._. I can also see new armors. What are the suit bonuses and what do they look like?

9. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #709 Drexiel, May 7, 2012
    read a page back for my post where i explained a bit most things...

White and Gold armor boosts +20% rpg weapons... that's the only thing i didnt write on that post

10. Northrall

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    RPG?! ._. I don't think it's worth getting anymore since I don't use RPGs. Unless I grind my ass off for the black stars.

11. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    it's pieces cost 2.2 million average, it's a bit better than full Pegasus hp-wise...

But pegasus needs mithrils...

Hey Asasnator, tnx for the help ;) But it's 4:52 am here so imma go to sleep now

Side Note: I used to make about 1m-1.5m a day while playing Co-Op... With This update i made more than 5 million, and I've yet to juice the bosses out :D

12. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Really thinking of getting this game but have a few questions which I would like answered by some kind person :)

How much money do you have to spent to get the best items? can you get the best stuff without IAP.

How is the english translation, I know when this first game out it was ridden with spelling / grammar issues.

Can you do most of the game in single player or do you have to team up with others?

Does the game save data to a server like Dragonvale, Tiny Tower?

13. stbassy

stbassy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 7, 2011
    Hey, ... 3 questions:

(1) if single player boss rewards scale down with each kill.... how does it reset? based on the time stored in your ipod/ipad?
    wonder if I could change the time to reset the rewards scale....

(2) does anyone know if mithril drop rates are any different in this update, compared to the last?

(3) Any rewards for PVP? (i've never played PVP yet, so if it's the same as the last version, I don't know what it is).

Thanks.

14. stbassy

stbassy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll try to answer... but since I'm a relatively new player, I'm sure some of the veterans could give a better answer than me.

best stuff *can* be gotten without paying real money. but it takes a lot of dedication and grinding. bosses give a possiblity of dropping mithril (dunno what the rate is)... and there are rewards for playing online each day.

english looks ok to me. but then again, there's not much reading in the first place.

you can play single player, but there is a PVP mode for online play. you can choose to play coop or PVP online. you can also set a passcode if you only want to play with friends.

never played dragonvale, so I can't comment.

15. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #715 Drexiel, May 7, 2012
    1- It resets Daily, just like the Online Mode. (Or that's what I'm assuming anyways since the update hit last night)

2- Mithril drop rates seem a bit lower considering that now Each Boss has it's own Gold/Mitrhil rates that are scaled down when killed, So that means you can get more Mithril per day than before. I used to get at most 5 mithrils per day... Last Night I went from 31 to 44 Mitrils... so that's 13 Mithrils in a day? And I can still get a few more too since I only got mithril from the Mantis, the spider and once from the new boss... So I can get more form the Serpent, Siegfried and IF I'm successful, the Twin Mantis

3- In PvP you have unlimited energy, SO you can use any weapons without fear of spending energy... with that said, you gain money when playing PvP... Money for kills... useful for getting some energy money for when you out of energy or just when you need 10k more money but don't want to repeat another mission.

1- A LOT of money... and not just for buying them, for upgrading too. This is a game that you will have to play for a month to get the best stuff and max it, with that being said, this is not a 15 minute game. There Are IAP only items. But with this new update you can get the IAP currency at a much faster rate. Give the game a week of your full attention and you'll have some respectable gear to kill bosses with and you'll be able to get some really nice IAP items without paying. I did pay for some IAP though since I got the game for free and I enjoyed it so much, I decided to buy a $10 pack and got myself some really cool items. Totally worth it.

2- I haven't noticed any grammar errors.

3- Single player has 6 stages with 5 waves each. When you start out it's preferable that you clear at least the first 2 stages before entering the online mode. With this new update, Bosses were introduced to the Single Player Mode. BUT, they don't give out Mithrils(IAP Currency). ONLY way to receive Mithrils without paying is to play the Co-Op mode online and kill some bosses. Which BTW, Single Player has 3 bosses, Online has 5.

4- This game saves data both locally and on the Star Warfare servers. Every time you log into the Online Mode a back up is saved in their servers... If your latest online back up is different from the data you have on your device, the game will give you a message saying "Online data is different than the one on your device. Press OK to download data from our servers and overwrite your device's data"(or something similar, I can't remember exactly what it says, but this is the general message)

16. Hetania

Hetania New Member

May 7, 2012
    Problem with Star Warfare Online

Is there someone that can help me with this problem?

I just downloaded the game, and have used the past 3 hours on trying to get the online part work. Not a great first impression TBH.
    Everytime I try to connect, it just says "oops! can't access server." and I can't help but wonder, is it because I'm a new player or have done something wrong?
    My friend can play online no problem, both on his and my iPad, but when I try to go online on either of the systems, it gives the samme error.
    This is really frustrating, and it shouldn't be like that with a game I just downloaded.
    Please, if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

17. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    #717 Asasnator, May 7, 2012
    ***New best gold farming armor.

Thunder Helm. 10% gold
    Cygni Chest. 5% gold
    Thunder hands (for the 20% POW, or you can go with something with more HP if you'd like)
    Andromedae Legs. 10% gold

You will total a 25% increase in gold without any IAP purchases, and if you want to spend 60 mithril for the SAM pack (which I HIGHLY recommend) for another additional 25% increase in gold which will total your gold increase to 50%. Very helpful when trying to grind for gold. The only issue it has is that it has HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE SPD (speed). Somewhere around 7 SPD, but if you use something like the M-2781 (which I do for the boss) you will only have 5 SPD...so it makes dodging bosses a little more tricky, but you have close to 40k hp so it doesn't really affect you at all.

Good luck to all who are farming for gold! Have any questions or want some help killing a boss or something, send me a PM and we could set up a time maybe. =]

18. Asasnator

Mar 1, 2012
    Oklahoma, OKC
    Essentially what Drexiel said above. Though I would like to add that for the "Can you do most of the game in single player or do you have to team up with others" even when you go online, you can still decide to play by yourself and it won't make it any harder at all, it will be as if you were playing offline on single player. Though you should know that the more players that you play with the more gold you get from each alien (but NOT the bosses, their gold drop is fixed and based off of your "increase gold %" stat.) Though the only downside to playing with more people is that the aliens also get a boost in their HP, and I would like to say that they also increase in the amount of damage that they do..but if they do, it isn't by much.

So what I like to do is host a game and get 2 more players to join, but have them be low ranks so that they die really fast. Now you could think this is bad, BUT I have tested that after your teammates die, the newer aliens that spawn (NOT the ones that are already spawned) will have noticeably less HP, BUT they will keep their increase in gold. So, get bad players to join your game, let them die off, then kill the aliens all for your self. =] and I think the increase in gold is something like 25% more gold from aliens with 2 players, and 50% more gold with 3 players. So hope that helps! =]

And just on a side note, in my defense, after I finish killing the bosses 3 or so times I go around helping out new players haha, so I'm not ALL bad for just letting new player die. =D

19. Northrall

Apr 26, 2012
    High school student
    I'm homeless ._.
    #719 Northrall, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    They haven't fixed the Nova glitch! =D

Tip: Shoot inside the portals the snake makes to deal damage to the snake***

20. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    good tip :)

But considering I use the Pegasus set which has 8 spd, with the gold machine gun with has -2 speed.... i really don't want to get caught off guard ._.

If i use the Thunder Set then Imma have to try it out