Universal Dragon Fantasy - (by The Muteki Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

2. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    After spending a great deal of time with this game I can say it is definitely the best rpg on the platform.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm loving it. Level 27 now, been playing it a lot!

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Having a heard time searching for the healer. You really have to grind a lot, right? But anyway, IT's FUN! :) Playing this game all morning.

5. Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    #85 Sucker Punch, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
    The game itself is great. It's funny, it's fun to play, and the story is just the right mix of parody and homage.

That said, there is one minor flaw which kills it for me. It forces you to listen to the in game music. If I'm playing a game on my iPod, I want to either listen to a podcast or my own music. There's no excuse for that, especially in a game like this where the music is not integral to the gameplay.

I keep finding myself wanting to play the game, but not bothering because I'm enjoying a podcast or my music.

When I got there, I went over near Westeria and grinded for a little before going after the healer. Those thieves especially are good, they give 100 xp and 100 gold, you just have to be careful and heal often.

Also, don't bother saving up for the Gold Sword, its description is apt. It costs 1250 gold, but is less effective than the 700 gold iron sword. Not sure if there's another use for it or if it's just a little kick in the nuts from the devs.

6. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Well the description says it "retains it's value quite well". So when you resell it to the shopkeep he buys it back for 1250 gold. I got a huge kick out of that.

7. Sucker Punch

Aug 15, 2010
    Yeah, thank God for that. I felt the nerd rage rising when I bought the thing.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just completed it. Loved the game I was playing non stop!

Got to level 30 and was really tooled up! Well worth the money. Please do a sequel!! Nice end sequence as well

Only tiny negative. In the final castle twice I accidentally cast 'exit' when scrolling down for an attack spell. Think exit needs a are you sure? yes/no option !

But 10/10, a great game

9. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Bryan @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    President, The Muteki Corporation
    The Gold Sword does indeed serve a purpose...but an entirely optional one.
    Luckily in 1.0.2 you'll be able to see the stats before buying so that should incur less rage :)

psj: not quite a sequel but we have a number of side stories planned for updates. The first of these is already underway and is the story of Anders, the other prince.

SuckerPunch: we'll check into fixing the music issue - I know it worked at one point but apparently sounds like it's not now.

10. Sucker Punch

Aug 15, 2010
    Does it have something to do with the troll/ogre/whatever boss that apparently likes shiny things? I also noticed that the description of some armour (bronze armour, I think) indicated it was shiny or flashy.

I meant to bring that stuff along to see what would happen, but forgot.

11. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Loving the game, but I'm stuck in Bluefin. I killed the demon in the volcano. What do I do now?

12. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Adam @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Naw, the troll just likes shiny things, that's why he has the hero's helmet. And I guess he probably slobbered on it and made it rusty or something. He's gross like that.

The Gold Swords are very useful, though, because when you die you lose half your gold... but your items are fine. Since the Gold Swords sell for the same price they are purchased for, so you can protect your money by investing in Gold Swords. Very handy!

13. Sucker Punch

Aug 15, 2010
    Ugh, of course. That makes sense. Feel like a moron for not putting that together.

14. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Don't worry, almost no one does :p In one of these updates I'll probably just bite the bullet and add banks ;)

15. Sucker Punch

Aug 15, 2010
    Oh don't do that, I really like the idea of investing in gold swords, now that I know about it.

Maybe a book or an NPC can say something about it, just to give the more attentive players a hint.

16. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Um, that's my problem, too. I'm always thinking of what the old pirate said about his former hide-out, which is hidden behind the secret door at the volcano. Don't know, where to search...

Another piece of information was, that a part of the hero armor is hidden in the volcano at the end of a secret way through the lava pits... never found this secret passage... maybe we have to search harder :D

Hints ans help would be very welcome - otherwise I'm thinking of a quick trip to Crescent Cove to get my head clear :p

17. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    The secret entrance is actually the entrance to the volcano - Ogden is supposed to say something about finding it when you enter the volcano the first time... wonder if that's not working right or something? Anyway, once you beat the boss of the Volcano, it's just time to head down to Crescent Cove and get to the mines. I'll tweak the script a little bit in the next big update to make sure this is more clear.

18. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Thanks so much for the hint - in fact I'm at Crescent Cove right now. Just stocked up on herbs etc. heading for the mines :D

Yay, off I go :)

19. Faucett

Faucett Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Will be glad to get this - hopefully it fixes the crashing issue I've been having? Just had my 4th or 5th crash to homescreen - the latest one was just after I had beaten the boss in The Mines. Ouch!!

20. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Hmm, I haven't gotten many crash reports... were you doing anything in particular when it crashed?