Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Yeah, I've had the same trouble before. Here's what I did to fix. Uninstall when you're in a location with wifi. Go ahead and put yourself in airplane mode (assuming you have an iphone not a touch) and turn on wifi. Redownload the app and fire it up. Go ahead and sign back in and you'll be good to go. Also, don't worry. Everything in your account is stored online so you won't lose anything by uninstalling and reinstalling. Just make sure you know your username and password before you delete it.

Hope that helps!

As always:
Add me: ImArchimedes
And add my lady: LilyArc
thanks a lot but, i've just tried this and it doesn't work and now the error says server timed out.. geez i guest i have to stop playing if it still like this
Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek View Post
thanks a lot but, i've just tried this and it doesn't work and now the error says server timed out.. geez i guest i have to stop playing if it still like this
Okay, now I'm getting what you're getting. It seems its an issue with the frequency of which the game is trying to call out to the web. When I'm in my bombshelter of an office, I used to be able to have this game up. Now I time out. If you can, when you're in range of some reliable wifi, put your phone in airplane mode and turn on wifi. Close the app if its still open and then fire it back up. I'm 90% sure it will work just fine.

Conclusion? Well, the game seems to be quite a bit more reliant on constant connection than it used to be. Any sort of connection stutter gets you a time out. This happens to me in my office, on the bus, and various other places. For me, it's not game breaking because I usually have access to wifi and/or a good 3g connection. For others, this could put a very bad taste in their mouth. It's compounded by the fact that Apples signal bar for 3g is very misleading. It updates slow enough that a sudden drop in signal won't be shown if it comes back a few moments later. Network dependent apps like Netflix and, apparently, Trade Nations, will drop connection/pause playback whenever there are these little "blips".
Old 05-08-2011, 02:34 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Has anyone had an issue with opening up your game and finding you're missing magic beans? This has happened to me twice where I lose anywhere between 10-20 beans for no reason. I know for a fact I haven't spent them...
Old 06-10-2011, 06:36 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Hi all,

I added you all.

Anyone else out there, my player ID is GenevaFlyer

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old 08-16-2011, 01:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Arrrghh!! Our world has been taken over by EA!!! You can expect more pressure to buy beans then!! :-)

Trade name: Mandark
Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Killer April Fool's Day content in Trade Nations just went live...