Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-28-2013, 02:52 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
I'm absolutely in love with this game! Played halfway through, but don't really want to write my full impressions until I've completed the game, or close to it.
So far it's stacking up to be an absolutely mesmerising experience.
The game seems to play more like a platformer than a puzzler, but there definitely are head scratching moments, it actually gets quite challenging, especially in addition to racing against the clock.
For some reason I'm getting a major "mario galaxy" vibe when playing this game, despite it being 2D, it's odd, perhaps it's the high polish, and colorful graphics, mixed with the rotating worlds. It brings me back to those good old Nintendo days.
I love the hidden objects in some levels.. Once I fell down this rotating hole and thought i was going to die nope, just found a hidden egg instead! I hope more eggs are hidden with such sophistication!
Collecting all the eggs definitely ramps up the difficulty, I'm sure it'll provide me with a ton of replay ability, so I'm not OCD about egg collecting just yet, I actually am looking forward to replaying after completion, in order to explore every nook and cranny.
I really love the differently themed levels for each planet.
And the constant addition to gameplay elements, like warp gates and sproingers. This game keeps you on your toes, I find myself holding my breath the last few seconds when I'm just about to kick a ball into its restrospective hole.
(Really gives you a sense of accomplishment when completed with just a second or two to spare!) Gets your heart racing!

The ability to change your chameleons color is such an awesome touch too.
Every inch of this game oozes charm and nostalgia.
Well worth it's pricetag. My TA Game of the week for sure!

There's a ton of content, I've already sank about 2 hours into the game atleast. And the levels are getting much harder now, I'm only halfway through, I suspect the total gameplay time is around 6 hours, and much more if you collect all the hidden objects, eggs, and coins.

Suggestions-

These aren't really needed, but I don't like posting impressions without suggestions, the game is already extremely close to perfect, but here are some random things I thought of-
What if the cement ball was harder to push? Showing its weight, or even if we had to eat a can of spinach, ala popeye, in order to become strong enough to kick it? Otherwise we are just stuck pushing it, very slowly, which would amount to an extra level of logic when completing levels. Or perhaps this method could be used later down the track if any new levels are to be added, there could be a new material type that is heavy, a wrecking ball perhaps ��

Also, since Urp is shaped quite moon-ley, if new outfits are ever added, may I suggest a moon outfit. ��

The game is brilliant, these are THE devs to watch!
Wow, reading this made me curious about the game. Downloading it now.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:46 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow, this game is alot of fun! Like how the world rotates, nice puzzles and platform fun!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:42 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Thanks Connector!

Urp! update now available - which means more PROMO CODES! Posting those shortly here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ghlight=urp%21

Happy New Year!

Urp! - The 360˚ Puzzle Platformer - www.crazytoothstudio.com/games
Old 12-31-2013, 01:44 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Thanks for the kind words Connector!

Urp! update now available - which means more PROMO CODES! Posting those shortly here:

Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:42 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just before i left home yesterday, i was lucky to grab FFTK7KRJ4HHP.
A late thank you very much.

I'm not too far in it, but the thoughts, visuals and the polish you will see in this game is all a beautiful labour of love, congrats !

Although you keep your money when you start a new game, i rather would have a coin doubler for three bucks - restorable - instead of a consumable iap. Would buy it immediately.

Good luck and a happy new (ios) year to all !
Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToothGames View Post
Thanks for the kind words Connector!

Happy New Year!

Your welcome. Really having fun with this puzzle pkatformer.

Happy New Year to you too!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:41 PM

i'll give it a try and let u know
Old 01-02-2014, 01:32 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinden View Post
i'll give it a try and let u know
Yeah let us know what you think. Just started playing this game, and it sure is alot of fun. Has both a puzzle and platformer flare which is cool.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Wow, this ended up being a real sleeper hit for me! Everything about it is handled perfectly, the puzzles/collectibles are simple but still offer enough challenge to inspire you to replay for a perfect score.
The levels and the general visual style are fantastic too, I love the whole 2D Suoer Mario Galaxy vibe. The controls are spot on and you've already implemented the touch anywhere above the button option, which just makes it even better.

Even the little touches like the slider to zoom in and out are features I'm surprised to have been thought of but are incredibly useful - you can tell the game was made by people who both love gaming and also played it themselves.

This is going to be a feature on my iPad until I've wrung every last moment of gameplay from it, thank you very much for making it devs!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:02 PM

Fun game. Not a fan of the shop prices though. Gonna be a long grind to get a decent double jump and X-ray glasses...