Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Finished a race and had a quick look through the menus to get a feel for things so I thought I'd give some quick impressions, I'll give more once I've played a bit further.

It's a kart racer in the style of Super Off Road and not without similarities to Micro Machines. You accelerate whenever your finger is on the screen, which creates a virtual steering wheel that you obviously use to handle the kart. It takes a little getting used to but a lap or two into the first race I was swerving round like a pro. There's a satisfying inertia to the handling and whilst it looks like an aerial view Mario Kart, it controls nothing like it.

There are pickups, though they seem fairly generic. Coins can be collected as you race that can be spent on upgrading your vehicle or buying new characters but the rate you acquire them seems very fair. One race in and I had enough to buy my first character and you're gifted enough before you begin to buy a second anyway.
There's kart customisation, plenty of characters and a whole lot of promise to me! There are negatives and I can't say anything about the longevity/repetitiveness due to having just started. The sound is a bit bland, no character lines or personality as you play and the music during the main menu...good lord, what is that?!

I like it, but I imagine a lot of that rests on my love of Adventure Time, Regular Show etc. so judge by that, but it's certainly not a cheap cash-in in my mind
Thanks for the impressions. I'm probably going to sit this one out since Sonic Transformed should be coming sometime this month.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:11 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
If that's the case, I'd imagine this may be a soft launch.
It is available in Germany though
Old 12-04-2013, 07:13 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
It is available in Germany though
But it's not in Asia or the Pacific, which usually gets apps first. And also not in the US. So seems kind of confined to Europe. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM

Samurai Jack, is he present in this or no?
Can someone copy the description from the store please?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:54 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Samurai Jack, is he present in this or no?
Can someone copy the description from the store please?
Samurai Jack is definitely not in the game. The roster seems to consist solely of Adventure Time, Regular Show, Ben 10 and Gumball characters though the game description definitely suggests they will be adding more.

I took a screen cap of the AppStore page but the app is absolutely refusing to let me upload images, sorry
Old 12-04-2013, 07:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Release info :

The Game is out in Europe. Size of the app is 115 MB.

Price in UK is 1.49 which should translate to $1.99 USD.

Requirements :
Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Description
Welcome to the race of stars!

You're totally invited to join in a high speed tournament with Cartoon Network’s biggest characters! In Formula Cartoon All-Stars all your favourite characters race each other round spectacular 3D tracks full of of adrenalin and action! Are you ready to taste the glory or eat the dust of defeat?

All your favourite characters
Race with Ben 10, Mordecai, Finn, Gumball, Rigby, Jake, Gwen, Skips, Darwin, Kevin, Marceline, Muscleman and more than 16 characters from Cartoon Network’s most popular shows. And keep your eyes peeled! This squad of stars is constantly increasing and updating.

Vehicles for you
Personalise your own machine by mixing more than 100 different pieces to create a totally unique vehicle. Every podium finish gives you more and more chances to upgrade by increasing your speed, acceleration and turbo.

Hilarious action on four wheels
Formula Cartoon is not just about speed: you need to be clever! Use the craziest power-ups to boost your vehicle or block your opponents with attacks of tomatoes, ice cubes, bubbles, bubble gum and even more!

More than 75 Tracks
Race over 75 circuits inspired by Cartoon Network’s most famous places like Regular Show’s Park, The Candy Kingdom from Adventure Time or Gumball’s Elmore Junior High!

Play it with one finger!

Accelerate and steer with just one finger!
Formula Cartoon All-Stars features a deceptively simple touch control system: It is so accessible that anyone can play it with a finger, but only those with oil in the veins will reach the highest level.

In-app purchases
This game features In App Purchases of coin packages purchased with real money. These packages will speed up your progress and unlock levels, but are not required to play and complete the game.
Screenshots

Last edited by biokid; 12-04-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 12-05-2013, 06:59 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-22-2014, 07:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

is this game gonna release or what ?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:41 PM

the controls are terrible. all it would need is some simple arrow keys instead your vehicle follows your finger and its a royal pain imo otherwise it would be pretty good but instead its frustrating