Give me all of the horror games!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nodoctors, May 17, 2013.

1. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I haven't posted in THREE years, but I'm back, and ready to dive back into the mobile gaming scene...three years of maturity in the app store, and three years of apps I have completely missed!

So, I want all of the horror games that you know of that have ever come out for the device. From movie things like Hysteria Project to RE-clones like Fallen, anything that you know of, regardless of how popular and well known it is, list it if it's horror!

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Prisoner 84

3. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    I remember your name. I'm not sure if a good way or a bad, but I absolutely remember this screen name. Thanks for the recommendation. I just looked it up, and though rough around the edges visually, this is more what I'm looking for than anything else. Any RE/Silent Hill type clone would be preferred, but I'm open to anything at all.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Dead Space, NY Zombies 2 and the RE games come to mind. 2013 Infected Wars and Forgotten Memories are also coming fairly soon, check out their threads.

5. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    Great call on the Dead Space, somehow forgot about that. I remember gameloft doing an RE-rip off too, but the name escapes me. And I don't even have to check the thread to know Forgotten Memories. That was my most anticipated game from three years ago, and I swore it was going to become vaporware back then...now all of a sudden you're telling me it's about to come out?! The perfect timing....

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    This summer, dev is a great guy and very active. Lotsa new vids, too :D

Gameloft RE clone is Zombie Infection, be sure and use the sound fix if you're on iOS 6: minimize app and reopen from multitasking.

AVP Evolution is a bit of a horror game, but I didn't enjoy it very much, clunky controls and repetitive combat.

Uhmm, that's really about it. There are very, very few good horror games on iOS.

7. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    #7 nodoctors, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
    And if any of you know which of the thousand Slenderman apps is the one that's actually good and functional, please get back to me. Dear god did they abuse the poop out of this icon.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Slender Rising was actually pretty darn good.

The mods have become more picky about language lately fyi.

9. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    Yes! Zombie Infection, thanks. And yeah, I remember the dev being pretty active, and having an incredibly impressive trailer for the PC version of Forgotten Memories a few years back. I'm so glad to hear that one panned out. Guaranteed purchase. I'll look into AVP, and thanks for the sound fix, as I am on 6.1.3

10. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    #10 nodoctors, May 17, 2013
    Thanks again for all of the information man. I loved this community back in the day, and right out the gate I'm glad to be back. :)

edit

I just looked at Slender Rising, and that is the ONLY legitimate looking Slenderman app out of what must have been at least twenty that I had seen. And it actually looks surprisingly above my expectations. Thanks a ton man, I'm downloading it late tonight.

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #11 JBRUU, May 17, 2013
    Every single vid and screen you see is running on current gen idevices at 45-60 FPS (A6-A6X) ;) He's an optimization wizard. We're talking fully dynamic lighting, dynamic shadow casting on everything, DOF, motion blur, particles, hair physics, retina graphics, the works. Easily the most impressive mobile title I've ever seen. The flashlight even casts shadows when you shine it on something. You just don't see that on mobile titles.

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Forgotten memories is an upcoming silent hill esque game.
    Woods chapter 2 is like alan wake.

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ooohhh, forgot about that one! Excellent catch! That's definitely highly anticipated and looks really good.

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Year Walk.
    Haven't played it but all the reviews say it has a very unsettling and creepy atmosphere.