Universal Madden NFL Mobile (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Unfortunately not. This is more a card/football manger type game with a play here and there that you can play.

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Bummer....thanks. Just don't understand the thinking sometimes.

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #43 oscar123967, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Its not too bad, its definitely not the console madden experience though. I'm digging it, its like a combination of injustice and madden. Its a fun pick up and play game, not really much to it.

It will be a turn down for those who are looking for the console madden experience though. But I don't see why it'll be a turn down if you're a hardcore football/madden fan. You'll be picking up Madden on a console for lengthy play times or enjoying the game with a friend, while you can pick this up for the toilet or while you have a minute or two to kill, then just save an exit the game. Its definitely a good companion game to have along side the console version.

Curious to see if TA will review it, as I don't think it needs a review. Its just one of those pass time games you either like or hate. Like Injustice, or Clash of Clans, or Game of War, or whatever else is out there.

4. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    not working well on iphone 4, prompts you saying its not compatible on this device, if you continue the game play moves slow..lame

5. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    iOS 7 slows the iPhone 4 to a snails pace. I'm still rocking whatever that last version of iOS 6 was because iOS 7 will effectively kill my phone.

6. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    It would be nice to have a shiny new faster device, but iOS 7 works just fine on my 4. Maybe it's your phone.

7. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Nah my phones fine. It's pretty well known that iOS 7 will dominate an iPhone 4. Anywho might check this out in my ipad.

8. Alpha_1906

Alpha_1906 New Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Hey is there anyway to change your username? I want to change it to my full first name not just two letters? Help!!!!

9. Rattyfus

Rattyfus Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    The game will not accept ANY name I enter, even a random string of characters. Deleted in disgust.

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I don't see how they plan to make money on a game with IAP where the death clock has already started. I mean, sure it is likely that, someday, WB will shut down the servers for Injustice, but anyone who has followed Madden and EA knows that the servers for this new game will be shutting down next October or so. Who in his right mind would spend on IAP that is just going to be deleted next year?

11. newtothis

Oct 1, 2013
    ^ agree, Im pissed about losing my progress from the last version of madden, had the team i wanted and money to spend, now the servers will be down in october which means no more play..

plus new madden not compatible with iphone 4 so lame

EA is such a bs company..

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So, they've turned it into an American Football version of Fantasy Manager (From the Bench Games)?? Sounds like a TOTALLY different game. Shouldn't call it Madden at all. Isn't Madden supposed to be a full sim game?!

13. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I put money into Madden Social a while back then they closed the servers and opened a few weeks later and called the exact same game Madden 25 and set everyone's stats and progress to nil.

EA shouldn't be allowed near the gaming industry cause they bring shame to it.

Never trust EA, the servers will go down in a few months and everyone will lose their money AGAIN? Except me. I learned my lesson. Never again.

14. newtothis

Oct 1, 2013
    ^ very true!!

15. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Hopefully no one is following or supporting this poor excuse for a nfl game, but if so the last time I enjoyed Madden was 9 years ago on Madden 2005. It used to be my favorite game!

It's been a friggin' POS ever since they decided to use their cash to eliminate the competition (by getting exclusive NFL rights) instead of putting it into fixing legacy bugs and towards making a better game.

EA is garbage and can eat a bag o' Richards

16. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    I got this game day one and stupidly purchased a bit of cash because I had some spare iTunes gift cards. Anyway, I got pissed off with the game and deleted it after a day.

I was thinking of giving it another crack, but is there a way to restore previous purchases? Is there an option for this? If not I think this will end my experience with madden and EA in general (and go back to iOOTP).

17. dooger

dooger Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Hi, quick question, is it possible to play this without an internet connection? Downloaded the bugger for a plane journey before realising I couldn't play it. Not much use for a mobile device

18. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    You're out of luck. It's consumable IAP, so you've already used it. You made a huge mistake throwing away money like that. It makes sense to buy IAP to unlock a chapter or extra mission but not consumables.

Yes, you need internet connection.

19. jwolf101

jwolf101 Member

Sep 25, 2014
    I've been playing this game on my iPhone without logging in to Facebook. Now I want to play on my iPad but how do I transfer my data?

20. chicago1271

chicago1271 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    The new season update is out.