Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-17-2013, 05:30 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

just came here to tell ya that I got oogajump when it became free and it only took me a few plays to decide to buy the gem doubler!

at that time I just bought it because I figured it's a rare platform jump game which has creative gameplay and high replayability; so the gem doubler would definitely help to collect gems easier and enhance the experience. (but what really made me get it was the ads tbh they were hindering my replays)

but then I came on here and saw that you guys (devs) were struggling with the sales and immediately felt great that I had made the purchase :') I mean I bought the iap with also the intention to support the devs but I mostly assumed it would do fairly well... I didn't know it was that bad I guess it's true that people can't be bothered to spend money on just another platform-jump game, so making it freemium was really the best decision made!

honestly I was so bored of games like doodlejump that I completely ignored oogajump at first, (because games like these felt mostly out of my control and always made me die multiple times and feel like no skill is required at all but a repetitive waste of time...) but I gotta tell you that oogajump surprised me when I realized the slam bounce was really helpful and the obstacles were all really unique and original.

I hope that it will bring in more revenue for you guys soon because right now I feel really bothered by the fact that it's so hard to make money even with legit game development skills... cheer up!!! no matter what it is, things will always get better
Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 PM

While this game continues to struggle a bit, I noticed that the original Pocket God is up to number 54 in the usa appstore right now. Nice to see. Its also doing quite well in about 25 other countries as well.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
While this game continues to struggle a bit, I noticed that the original Pocket God is up to number 54 in the usa appstore right now. Nice to see. Its also doing quite well in about 25 other countries as well.
yea, we just got the stats from the holidays. Looks like we got a christmas bump, but the revenue was about a tenth of what we got last year. paid apps must be really hurting right now.