Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old Today, 02:12 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
massively mangled MP "update" skewed heavily towards new players at the expense of more experienced players (the elephant in the room that no one from GL will address)
Ryan addressed the problem when it was new, and he agreed with us.

But the bigwigs at Gameloft obviously didn't think it was a problem. I'm sure they still monitor multiplayer, but their metrics are different from ours as long as they manage to increase IAP sales, they're doing their job right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Zero View Post
What i dont understand is if they need money, why dont they make the game cost money?
Just look at the app store's top grossing charts, and you'll see that freemium games are the way to make money these days. So the publishers aren't the only ones to blame mobile gamers have brought this onto themselves by supporting the freemium model.
Old Today, 06:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoppi View Post
The way I see it the game consist out of 3 sections, 3 different kinds of gameplay to draw in players and keep them playing: single player, multiplayer, and tournaments.
Don't forget LOCAL multiplayer. It's a complete different thing and every Asphalt fanatic should try it at least ONCE (otherwise you'll miss something important). Sync your GC accounts (all devices the same GC account): All participants have EXACTLY the same cars, upgrades etc. Totally FAIR and a matter of SKILLS only.

Have the flying iPads on your sofa!

For some local friends and me the career mode is 5% of the game. The infinite FUN and action of local multiplayer is 95%. (We almost never play online multiplayer or those time-limited events.)
Old Today, 06:42 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

At this point I think GL is doing the right thing business-wise even though I don't enjoy it anymore (but I get it, I play it for free and never ever pay so I compromised better gameplay for myself). Why they are doing it right is that A8 is not new anymore. Game steadily loses popularity as is convenient for any game over time. What happens now with the new mp/tournaments is, a, new players are being hooked up to the game with mp thrill, and b, GL is trying to make as much money before the game inevitably "dies".

For the "if they want to make money then why don't they charge us initially rather than forcing iaps" argument I'd guess the iap route earns better. People think they spend little, it adds up as they get addicted, profit ensues.

Do I like it? Again, no. I find it more than necessary. It is too imbalanced the way it is now. Do I get it? I do. Their choice.