Osama Bin Laden dead!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by blake, May 2, 2011.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Just a few billion dollars, that chump change right? hahahaha

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Considering we deficit spend trillions on entitlement spending such as Medicare and Medicaid, yes, it's chump change for the US.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Did you just look at medicine as a negative while throwing positive light on the deaths of millions of civilians?

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I was only kidding lol

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I was talking to backtothis, probably should've quoted :p

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong though...

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Haha, having always been on the far left, that's definitely not what I was going for. I was addressing his sarcastic post.

7. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    That's just insane. Never even though of that before. Plus, all the soldiers that died, and the civillians. Bin Laden wasn't even active.
    I am just gonna respond to you here. I think your not presenting yourself well. "MSNBC" is liberal and "Fox" is leaning conservative. Huh? Bias. It's impossible for any news network to be neutral. Also, What does Clinton letting him go have to do with anything? It doesn't matter at all now.

In no way am I belittling the deaths of the Native Americans and loss of land, but the North American continent isn't exactly conquering the world, plus that was two hundred-ish years ago. And fear of communism isn't trying to conquer the world. Sure, we were trying to influence countries that we had no business in, but in no way were we trying to conquer anything. (From what I know, I could be wrong)

8. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I think manifest destiny also included far-flung hopes that the American system would be spread to other nations, but the American continent was the definite first-step in this belief system. And as for the Cold War, I wasn't going for the "conquering the world" aspect, more the "we feel it's necessary to stick our noses in to anybody's business" type of deal. But yeah, you're probably right that our methods in said conflict were not entirely imperialistic in nature.

I was merely indicating that the US has, in fact, tried to "take over the world." Or a small portion of it, anyway.

9. Deltacows1

Deltacows1 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Don't feel bad...

I got my information online...

From one of my Canadian friends.

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    This thread sucks now.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Exactly what I am thinking.

12. Bigsby

Bigsby Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    man i wished the US special ops would do an operation here in the Philippines.
    this country is just sadly very very corrupt. you can't even win a legal case here even if you are the victim, you have to bribe the sheriff, the fiscal, the police, the judge, the supreme court judge.. the list goes on.

and a politician massacred a convoy of journalists and supporters of his rival last year and now he is in jail... but it's more like a house arrest since he has a special prison, more like a vacation house in which he can do whatever he likes. the massacre was all over the news for like 2 weeks then it died down.. thats what happens to everything here in the Philippines, from scandals to corrupt practices. i think that other countries also have the same problem.

and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.

14. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    #114 ArcheAngel, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
    now we can finally go back to bitching about a plane sitting on the Tarmac for hours over our safety.....oh wait we never stopped bitching about that.

Oh well whats a few thousands lives.....I need to get to my business meeting to make my next cool million.

Perhaps Americans (myself included) are responsible for those attacks by exposing our weakness:

The sacrifice for safety over convenience.

Then we look for someone to blame & because George Bush (of all people) squints his eyes and says it "Bin Laden".....well I guess then it's Bin Laden, roll out the fashional propaganda that can be purchased from walmarts fine collection of tee shirts, grab a case of bud light (which also can be purchased at walmart) and bath in the "justifiable closure".

American government controls American media and they know when it's people are a vulnerable state, so do our enemies.

I'm no fan of terroism no matter if America is doing it or some 3rd world faction, But I do think Americans need to accept some responsibility from 9/11 & they don't, they totally wash their hands clean with the blood of the innocent, from a sink that is considered a "memorial".

15. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
  16. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    So I wonder what the goverment excuse to stay in the middle east will be now. Time to make another boogey man that we have to hunt down , who will it be now.

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  18. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Now that is some fine shoop.

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member