Football Showdown 2015 (by Naquatic)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

1. Patriots

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Seahawks

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Both forfeit, and your team is miraculously awarded the Lombardi trophy despite missing the playoffs

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    What's up everyone! As always, my brother and I are excited to share the news here first: Football Showdown 2015 is coming out for free this Thursday, 1/29... just in time for Super Bowl XLIX! Promo codes and free currency for any TA users who ask!

Of course, as a Showdown game, online competition and technical depth abound. But since this is the first new Football Showdown in 3 years, there are some big-time changes and new features that we are thrilled to get into your hands!

1. Ball-deflation mode! Race to lower the PSI of your football. When the match ends, you receive points based on the efficiency of your deflation technique, as well as your ability to lie about the process.
    ...Kidding! This'll be in Football Showdown 2016.

2. Timing-based power control! Lack of depth is a big problem in other football kicking simulators. There simply isn't much to do besides aiming left and right. Our goal was to make distance a factor. In the spirit of Touch Ski 3D’s multitouch skiing, Soccer Showdown's advanced spin control, and Shooting Showdown’s tilt to reload system, we wanted to achieve this with a mechanic that is fun, natural, and analogous to the real act of kicking a football.

In the same way that a hasty kick won’t give a real football kicker maximal distance, neither will a hasty swipe in Football Showdown 2015. Nailing a kick from distance requires a fluid, well-timed swipe. The result: a whole new gameplay dimension that doesn't require fast or uncomfortable swiping!

3. Boosts! Use these to gain a skill upgrade for one kick per match. In online multiplayer, once a player uses one, that particular boost becomes unavailable to their opponent. We are especially excited about this interplay because, in most kicking games, multiplayer feels more like parallel play than true competition. And have no fear, the boosts are carefully balanced to make sure that they don't give players an unfair advantage. You can only use one, and they don't introduce any abilities that a skilled player won't already exhibit on their own.

4. Regional tournaments! Compete online as the North, East, South, or West. Winners are crowned at the end of each week.

5. Graphics! Tons of different weather patterns, all new models, and other shiny goodness :).

(If you read this far, you spent too much time reading. afldkjfeijfaldks)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Looks phenomenal as always! Can't wait till Thursday!

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Your games always fail to disappoint!

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Oh yeah!! Another one that's bound to please! Ready to play this one!

5. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks sugimulm :)

Fail...disappoint...double negative, everything is ok!

Thanks bigrand! I've sent a promo code your way

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    YESSSSS... one of my favorite devs returns :)

LOL I love that #1 feature on your list. Hilarious. Though I'm a Seahawks fan so I guess that makes me a bit biased.

Can't wait to try this one out! Which team are you rooting for Naquatic?

Maybe you should make a mode where you have to kick the ball before Kam Chancellor jumps over your blockers and runs over you ;)

7. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Technically I'm supposed to be impartial. Just think of me as an innocent bystander who happens to be a huge Seahawks fan and huge Patriots non-fan.

The man straight-up solved field goals. Why did he stop doing it in the div championship????

8. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Dang, this looks sweet. It's always nice to see a new release from you guys. :D

9. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Wow! This looks awesome!! Love all your games!!
    Cannot wait for this to be released! So excited!

10. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks Sonix and Mr. Charley! You guys rock :). I've sent you a pair of promo codes

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Damn! Was really looking forward to that deflate the ball mode... I've always wanted a Bill Belichick simulator :/

The games really fun, especially the online (as usual!).

Dear god it was really tough at first, I wasn't expecting the wind to be so strong. And I'm not sure what it is but making a kick feels really satisfying every time.

I know a couple friends that'll enjoy this, I'll be tellin em to pick it up once this drops

12. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    You could always pop on a hoodie while playing. And if you show emotion, you have to reboot your device.

Wind is tough at first, but (in addition to getting better at judging it) the equipment you unlock along the way has higher wind resistance. I'm so glad to hear that you found kicking satisfying. Needless to say, that was one of our top goals :)

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    As always, another hit from Naquatic. Had a go at the game last night and realy enjoyed it. As always, all about improving your equipment.
    Me too at first couldn't figure out the wind but nothing an upgraded ball couldn't fix! ;)
    Looking forward to the global release and some good online matches!

14. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks for giving it a try, Mr. Charley! I'm happy that it meets your standards :)

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    :D

That was good Naq, that was good

16. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    No comment. We're on to Football 2016.