miDragon: The ultimate dragon pet

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zolifel, Nov 15, 2010.

1. zolifel

zolifel Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Game Develpoer
    #1 zolifel, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    [​IMG]

hi everyone,
    After a long time of development I would like to introduce our upcoming iPhone game title to get back some valuable feedback. Please feel free to share your opinion or ideas of how we can make this game even better.

MiDragon is the interactive game where you can hatch your own dragon egg, nurture your baby dragon and teach it how to behave like a dragon.
    Choose from no less than five different dragon types, each with unique personalities and character traits and interact with them in their own habitats. Play with them, feed them, give them gifts and treats and you can even make their nests unique by putting decorations around it. You can teach them new tricks and play mini-games.

Features:
    • Stunning 3D graphic
    • Five unique dragon types
    • Customizable nest decorations and dragon accessories
    • Touch based control system
    • Minigames
    • More than 100 unique animations
    • Achievements and leader boards (Game Center)
    • Holographic camera system (HCS)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The game is optimized to run on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3th generation or later) and iPad devices.

You can find more information about the game on our website and facebook page.
    www.midragon.com

like us : facebook
    follow us : twitter

2. masa76

masa76 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    AWESOME!! This looks really good, can't wait to have my own dragon :)
    BTW you have pretty nice concept arts on the facebook page, congrat.

3. theunis

theunis Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I want a dragon !!!! :D it looks so cute and cool at the same time :)

Depending on how you treat your creature does it grow up different ? Such as if I smack it all the time does it become evil, or if i take care of it and give it love doe it become sweet and nice ?

I love this, a dragon in my pocket - the game looks really nice CONGRAG :)

What will the minigames be like ?

Do you perhaps have any info on release stuffs (date +price) ?

Sorry for all the questions, I have wanted a cool pet app for ages - I FOUND IT wooooo

4. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Looks very, very good. I like the amount of details, UI and polished graphics.

Looking forward to this one, this dragon has some fire in it! ;)

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Looks cool! Does how you interact with it determine how happy it is or if you don't respond to its needs right away - such as hunger - does it get sad or sick? Will you be able to have a social network? (after all even dragons need friends!) (because I saw you have Game Center)

Can you earn things for it like new clothing or habitats or some such?

Lot of questions I just threw at ya, those are just some of the things I think about when seeing a virtual pet app. Nice work so far!

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You do have to wonder how this will distinguish itself / improve upon Dragooo...

7. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I can not wait for this one I love Dragons. Will it be released before christmas.

8. zolifel

zolifel Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Game Develpoer
    Thanks..
    Yes, the dragon personality depends on the treatment. You can be nice or rough if you want to be. :)
    The mini-games will be simple but fun, like teaching the dragon how to fly.
    The date of release is not established yet, but hopefully in the beginning of next year.

9. zolifel

zolifel Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Game Develpoer
    yes, the dragon can be hungry, sad or sleepy, depending on the status.
    We are intending to have social features (friend, battles) in the game, but probably not in the first release. Achievements and leader boards will be accessible trough the game-center in the beginning.
    Yes, you can earn different dragon accessories and nest decorations to make your dragon more unique. But no funny clothes, only real dragon stuff like collars and bracelets. :)

10. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Thank you this looks so good. I will be waiting on it. It looks like one of the best games I have seen in a long time. Thanks guys.

11. masa76

masa76 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Well this looks much nicer then the Dragooo, and hopefully they wont mix the game categories, keep it as a digital pet and not racing game.

12. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Is there a lower graphics version for 1,g 2g, 3g(8gb) Ipod touch and 3g Iphone or is it not compatible at all?

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Exactly how does it look much nicer than Dragooo? Am I missing something on the video? As far as I can tell, in this game the environment is static and what you can do with your dragon seems very limited. But again, perhaps I'm missing omething.

14. zolifel

zolifel Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Game Develpoer
    The game is optimized to iPhone 3GS or above, because of the advanced 3D shader system we use. We started on the low res version but switched to the high res to be able to make it really good looking, use the hardware as much as it possible.

The first release will be high res only, but maybe the low res version will come as an update, we will see :)

15. masa76

masa76 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I like Dragooo, I've bought it and played with it a lot. I like the idea to have a pet that is not that usual. But this game looks more polished, more detailed visually, especially on the dragon. I don't know about the gamepaly but 100 unique aniamtion sounds a lot, not even the big console titles have this amount of aniamtions on the characters.

16. zolifel

zolifel Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Game Develpoer
    We like the Dragooo too :) I think we share the same dragon enthusiasm with the people in Tasty Poison Games, a great respect for them.
    Maybe our game looks similar but I don't think it is the same genre. miDragon is a bit more casual concentrating on the close interaction with the dragon, give commands and watch the reaction. Have fun and enjoy your dragon pet :)
    But you are warmly welcome to test this game as soon as we reach the beta stage. I would really appreciate your opinion, especially you have experience with the Dragooo so you can compare it.

17. nessie13

nessie13 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    This looks very cool but before I consider buying it, I need to know how long it lives, can it get sick ?( kids went through enough trauma with creatures, we even had to hold a funeral, it was awful, lol).

Otherwise, I like the concept, I also like how the personality can be determined by the treatment.

Do all dragons look the same ?( same colors etc), or are they individual, can you have more than one at a time? can they interact between them?

As long as they don't kick the bucket, I have three kids that would love to test it out for you ;)

18. zolifel

zolifel Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Game Develpoer
    The game is child safe :) I have two kids of my own and they love playing with it. The dragons don't die or get ill, although they do get sad sometimes.

Each dragon has its unique looks and environment, and you can own several dragons at the same time.
    I've attached some screenshots but you can find some really nice concept art on our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MiDragon/161793360515782?ref=sgm

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I'd gladly help out with testing. Didn't mean to raise a stink, but Dragooo is a personal favorite (even if the content is limited) and I was wondering what this simulator would be bringing to the table. Feel free to PM me.

20. semibored

semibored Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I don't comment much on games, but...

such... polish.. It looks amazing!