Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-07-2014, 04:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Roommates - otome game!

Official release video:
Old 02-05-2015, 11:04 AM

I bought the in app purchases of this game and.. regretted it sadly What a waste. The writing is not engaging at all, and I couldn't even keep playing around halfway through. I've given winterwolves so many chances, but they continue to disappoint me with their writing. I still haven't gotten around to playing nicole yet (the art's beautiful though), but hopefully that doesn't disappoint either! (please be good, I already got it haha)

Last edited by Aseret; 02-05-2015 at 11:16 AM..
Old 02-05-2015, 12:19 PM

Roommates is the only Winterwolves game I don't own, so I guess I'm a bit of a fan. That said, most WW games with strong grindy dating sim elements are just... Not very good. Nicole falls into this, sadly.

For good writing and a surprisingly deep and fun rpg-light system, check out Loren the Amazon Princess. I'm also fond of the Heileen series, though most reviews of those are pretty negative. I think they're memorable and a ton of fun, but I may be an outlier.

Bionic Heart is good if you like science fiction and are okay with male protagonists. I have a strong preference for female protagonists, but enjoyed it quite a bit. The sequel is more ambitious, but not as fun or satisfying imo. (I played it through three times anyway.)

WW's upcoming lineup is one I'm very excited about (I follow him (?) on Twitter). Though there are a fair share of duds in the back catalogue, this is a dev that has learned a lot from every mis-step and has grown tremendously.

Definitely a dev to watch.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Roommates is the only Winterwolves game I don't own, so I guess I'm a bit of a fan. That said, most WW games with strong grindy dating sim elements are just... Not very good. Nicole falls into this, sadly.

For good writing and a surprisingly deep and fun rpg-light system, check out Loren the Amazon Princess. I'm also fond of the Heileen series, though most reviews of those are pretty negative. I think they're memorable and a ton of fun, but I may be an outlier.

Bionic Heart is good if you like science fiction and are okay with male protagonists. I have a strong preference for female protagonists, but enjoyed it quite a bit. The sequel is more ambitious, but not as fun or satisfying imo. (I played it through three times anyway.)

WW's upcoming lineup is one I'm very excited about (I follow him (?) on Twitter). Though there are a fair share of duds in the back catalogue, this is a dev that has learned a lot from every mis-step and has grown tremendously.

Definitely a dev to watch.
I'm a silent fan of WW if you will. I own every game bar Aravorn and this and I enjoy them generally but I wouldn't really rush to grab a new release or name them as a favourite developer. Loren is a fantastic game regardless of genre and Tales of Aravorn looks to take the formula and expand on it so I'm very interested in it.

That said, as you say, I've played some WW games that really have failed to win me over so I really appreciate a candid a opinion from someone with similar taste. Looks like one I'll leave until a sale then. Thank you!