FreeAppCalender

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by david26, Apr 27, 2010.

1. david26

david26 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Hey guys,

How can u tell whats the free game of the week on FreeAppCalender??
    And what are some really fun free games?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #2 Drucifer, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    Uh I just use AppShopper.com and it lets you know any game that is reduced in price or temporarly free. I think they also often put in the description that it was reduced to free for a day because of "FreeAppaDay" or "FreeAppCalendar". :D

For instance, I just checked for you and see that an app called FaceShift is on today with the description "Thanks to your votes on www.freeAppCalendar.com, FaceShift is free for just 24 hours! 1. Thanks for trying this great app!2. Post a review if you like it3. Have a look at the Info button to see other..."

Also Super Turbo Action Pig is free with FreeAppaDay also listed in the description. :D

3. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    #3 EMTKiNG, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    It tells you on top of the website the featured free game Try traffic rush, action hero,Mini Squadron special edition, Jelly Car,Battle bear zombies, just to name a few try this website http://www.appspy.com/latest-free-apps-on-sale?page=1

edit: and robot rampage

4. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Are you incapable of going to the site yourself?

Not trying to be rude but I'm wondering why you would go the trouble of creating a thread to ask a question you could easily find out yourself.

Come to think of it, why am I going to the trouble of writing this post?:confused:

5. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    lol !

6. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    ehhhhhh!!! Its the freeappaday guy

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
  8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Drats! Now I have another to check. Is this the same as appshopper or do they do it different?

9. mariano774

mariano774 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
  10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
  11. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

#12 qwiboo, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
    I think www.greatappaday.com beats appshoper and any other site quite well.

First of all appshopper shows you everything and you need to go through pile of crap to find hidden gems - fine if you have few hours a day to spend :)

Other problem with different sites is that they provide the feature slots for money for developers to buy. As the apps are hand picked on greatappaday.com and it's free for developers to feature on every day, so you don't need to worry about someone buying their spot with a shitty 1 star game as is the case on the other sites. Therefore the apps are of a higher quality on our site as well :)

Just my point of view, which may be wrong of course as I'm the creator of GAAD ;)

12. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    U very clearly <Missd ze point> <Jumpd ze gun> & etc.
    I did clearly state zat there is anothr website for free app a day... mostly free or a $! (if ma memory is not against me)

I also stated tht
    where as the THT being a bettr substitute to www.148apps.com

Nothin against ya! or ppl behind 148apps,

This post was created to delivr ma msg correctly for PpL who mis-interpreted ma previous post including the qwiboo

13. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    on battle for wenoth's description it says cheapappaday.com????

14. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    ....lol

15. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Actually, I know the freeappaday needs you to have a 3 star rating or higher, and they choose them to. For teh freeappcalendar, users vote.