Universal Monster Rally (Soft launch in NZ/Aus/Canada, soon worldwide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Skysoul, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Skysoul

Skysoul New Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Game Developer
    Australia
    #1 Skysoul, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Hello everyone!

We’ve been working on a new running game that’s coming soon for iOS and Android called Monster Rally. We’re using a different camera angle, like those Crash Bandicoot levels where you’re running toward the player and camera. There’s also a big focus on combat, swiping and bopping other monsters while collecting coins and dodging obstacles. The early part game is pretty basic to get your feet wet, but it can be quite a challenge as it speeds up in later levels.

Monster Rally is in a soft launch period now, so you can give it a try if you’re on iOS in Canada, New Zealand or Australia.

I hope you can play it and let us know what you think in the thread. Here's the iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/monster-rally/id1099920661?mt=8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Skysoul

Skysoul New Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Game Developer
    Australia
    Quick Update!

Just wanted to let everyone know we also added Ireland to the soft launch territories.

Has anyone got a chance to try the game out yet? We're looking for any feedback you may have as we continue to make updates.

3. Torian

Torian Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Aww man was hoping it was a new monster truck game.

4. roland_hall

roland_hall New Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Looks kinda cool. What does "Rally" mean for gameplay? Is this a racing game of some sort? Screen shots don't make it look like a racing game.

5. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    This looks really cool It does remind me of those Crash levels Even the look of it reminds me of Crash but actually quite better I'm assuming this will be f2p I'm rooting for premium tho

6. Skysoul

Skysoul New Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Game Developer
    Australia
    #6 Skysoul, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Good observation! So have a lot of people, so we're actually testing a new name "Monsters on the Run" to see if that will reduce confusion. We've obviously got monsters... but i think when people searched, they'd find us with car/truck racing stuff using "rally".

7. Skysoul

Skysoul New Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Game Developer
    Australia
    Yup! We've indeed taken inspiration from those Crash Bandicoot levels where you're running toward the camera, and we've also layered in a whole combat system where you're swiping to knock the monsters off the track as you go. I'm working on a few new gameplay videos now, which I think will show that a little clearer.

There are also levels where you run more traditionally away from your camera in the bonus levels for little more variety.

We're currently f2p. It's fairly gentle in that you can wait out the energy and level-up timers and unlock stuff over time, or if want everything at once you can buy gems and coins for that.

8. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Sounds like your standard f2p model Which I really can't get into but I will give It a shot Maybe try adding a IAP for premium unlock