Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Schooley

Schooley New Member

May 31, 2012
    Anyone have any tips for Bio-weapon? Can't seem to infect everyone before the cure is dispatched.

2. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    Play the bio weapon in the same way you played the virus. No Devolving and spread fast. Saudi Arabia is a great starting point.

3. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    That's funny, I've been using Saudi Arabia as a starting point ever since I noticed that a large number of red "infection lines" lead there from all over the world.
    Just started Parasite myself, fungal was tough but I figured it out eventually.
    Seems to be a few different ways of winning each disease type.
    Oddly, I've found that modeling my disease after actual diseases of that type really benefits me.

4. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    You can win from every country. It's just the DNA strand you create to do it.

5. Mouette6

Mouette6 Member

May 29, 2012
    In fact, it is a good idea to increase the difficulty of brutal (and decrease the difficulty of casual and normal) because it's hard to create en effective strategy, but once you found it, it's pretty simple :D

6. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    to the discussion about the fungus stuff, it seems like it's quite random because the mutations can be random even if only water and air stuff are upgraded.

7. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    True if you noticed even with full infection you hardly ever see an infected ship or plane. As for increasing Brutal Difficulty. Why not just create a completely new difficulty. I mean there are plenty of us who have beaten Brutal so having a new challenging difficulty would be a fun challenge than going back and beating Brutal again to see if it's harder.

8. Trentos

Trentos Active Member

May 19, 2012
    Draftsperson
    Melbourne, Australia
    No, there was an actual world news popup in- game saying something about a Pandemic only has a 2.5% chance of wiping out the world.

I thought it was funny coming from a rival game to Pandemic 2.5!

9. Terrachova

Terrachova New Member

May 30, 2012
    Any word on a change to the DNA/Infection bubbles that appear for the northern countries? They're rather hard to hit sometimes, which can rob you of some valuable DNA points. Other than that, the game is awesome - figured out a solid, if time consuming, strategy for Fungus.

Speaking of which, what's the set of symptoms that kills the fastest, once the whole world is infected? Like, what series of symptoms? I got the whole world infected and went to, I think it was Hemalurgic Shock, but the cure was developed before even half of them had been killed >.>

10. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    The update just went live in the US!!!

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Awesome, it's universal now :D

After updating, the game crashed whenever I tried to load my saved game, but I started a new game, and it seems to be fine. Also I can save and reload the new game. My old game just wouldnt carry over.

12. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Good but crash

I really liked the game, really hard though (didn't play enough to understand everything I think), however, it crashes a lot, and since it doesn't have auto-save, it's like I wasted effort trying to beat it...
    It crashed a lot on all my iDevices: iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3rd gen and iPad 1st gen, all using iOS 5.1.1 and not jailbroken.

13. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I'm rocking the iPhone 4 on the latest OS version and haven't had a crash yet. Played dozens and dozens of times now. Wonder what the problem is for everyone else?

14. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    I've had no issues with Iphone 4s. It could be other apps he has downloading hogging memory.

15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Well, it was the only app running at the moment, however, I played two times right now without any problem, except the openfeint banner appearing on the wrong side

16. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    help please

i need some advice from anyone that plays this well. thanks in advance.

isn't it just better to save up my dna points and allow transmission to naturally spread then just spend all my points IMMEDIATELY in full genetic hardening line (hardening, resistance, and reshuffing, etc), and then after that work on everythign else?

17. kj633

kj633 New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Nano-virus. HELP!

I need help on the nano-virus. I'm guessing their is a specific strategy I need to beat it but i have no clue what that is.

18. Esets

Esets New Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Can anyone help me complete with disease type of bacteria? Every time either the cure is complete or i haven't time to infect everyone =(

19. Terrachova

Terrachova New Member

May 30, 2012
    Bacteria isn't that difficult - rather, it can be, but once you get it, you'll understand the basic concepts of the game.

The key seems to be maximizing your infectivity while your plague has not been noticed. Starting in Saudi Arabia works well, as does India. You want to focus early on transmission - air and sea is best, I think, while keeping symptoms low. More symptoms = more chances of it being noticed. It seems that two symptoms is the cut-off - once I reached the second, more often than not, the disease was noted. More than that, and they might start working on a cure.

Basically, infect as many as you can - you wanna try to get all countries early - then start becoming lethal.

Anyway, finally figured out the Fungus - after the patch, of course, although I could have done it before (had the method down, just chose the wrong lethality).

I'm on prion now, and I have to say... naming this one 'Hope' (because its a brain thing) was a great choice. "Hope begins to spread..."

Priceless.

20. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    It states that previous saved games will not work with the update.