Does galaxy on fire 2 HD lag much on the new iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TakenXXDeadly, Mar 24, 2012.

1. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    And if so, can you somehow change it so it doesn't? (eg. Graphics sliders etc)
    I just don't want to spend $10 then regret it.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Just for you and only for you since otherwise I really, really wouldn`t care about it since I dislike Fishlabs because of their iAP History.

So to sum it up:

It`s playable. Enjoy it.

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It isn't too bad at the start of the game as the video shows. However, try entering and leaving the larger, more complex space stations later in the game and the frame-rate suffers severely.

Fishlabs have acknowledged this though, and are working on an update to make the game run more smoothly on the new iPad.

4. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #4 violentv, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    What is this thing about their IAP history? I have been playing their games ever since 2006 when I had a java phone and have never encountered any such problem.
    (It is too bad Deep isn't getting a remake unlike GoF which I played so many years ago
    http://www.fishlabs.net/en/games/deep/)

GoF2 HD is indeed still playable but the lagginess is such a put off

5. Franco

Franco Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Definitely needs some optimizations for new iPad. Runs choppy.

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Fishlabs are probably one of the only developers actually using IAP in a fair way, they are making proper game expansions not trying to charge people for spaceship fuel or something stupid like most of them.

7. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    only thing bugs me is they galaxy on fire 2 universal and it looks great on the new ipad, then i see they made a ipad2/ipad3 version called GOF2HD its just confusing lol.... ill stick with the original universal its running retina on new ipad just doesnt have all the effects but it still looks good...