★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-26-2014, 03:59 PM
#51
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Omg I loved elastomaina back in the day, also I remember playing gravity defied on one of my old mobile phones, that was also a brilliant game for its time.
I'm pretty sure there's enough room here for more than one stickman based bike game, at least for me I'll buy them all as I love bike games.
Ah, that's the reason why you get it, I mean the subtle differences in physics engines used by different games. I think that only hardcore players can appreciate this.

Speaking for Gravity Defied - it really was a phenomenon for that time, remember that the game ran on extremely slow hardware and Java(!).
03-26-2014, 05:05 PM
#52
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by montonero View Post
Ah, that's the reason why you get it, I mean the subtle differences in physics engines used by different games. I think that only hardcore players can appreciate this.

Speaking for Gravity Defied - it really was a phenomenon for that time, remember that the game ran on extremely slow hardware and Java(!).
Well yeah I've probably played most bike games over the years, and I'd say your game does feel different than others, it's faster than draw rider (which is the only other bike game with this style on the AppStore as that free rider game needs to be played in a browser) and to be fair this isn't the first time anyone's done this style as line rider did it ages ago.
In my bike game playing expertise I'd still say the more bike games the better.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 03-26-2014 at 06:46 PM.

03-28-2014, 05:26 AM
#53
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Any news on the update?
I'm half way through the second set of levels but really waiting for the sound to be fixed.
after playing both skeleton rider and free rider I can say that if they are accusing you of copying their game then they should get some pointers from you as skeleton rider has much better physics
03-30-2014, 05:51 PM
#54
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Any news on the update?
I'm half way through the second set of levels but really waiting for the sound to be fixed.
Thanks for asking. Sorry for late reply.

We are still waiting for Apple:



It's been almost a week now... so should be really soon!
The good news though is that you'll be able to customise controls too when the update goes live. Below is the full list of changes:

03-31-2014, 08:50 AM
#55
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by montonero View Post
Thanks for asking. Sorry for late reply.

We are still waiting for Apple:



It's been almost a week now... so should be really soon!
The good news though is that you'll be able to customise controls too when the update goes live. Below is the full list of changes:

Thanks. Guess it's just a waiting game now.
04-05-2014, 10:10 PM
#56
What happened to the update? Did Apple not approve it?
04-07-2014, 02:23 PM
#57
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Update is out, updating now