★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Same here. I never used GC till now- never felt the need to. Although I don't play this game as much as others here (too many other hobbies lol), it definitely benefits from that inclusion.
Me three!
02-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
I started to like the game more after spending more time with it, but before I hit any IAP walls I decided to try NFS Most Wanted. Both games are fun but I haven't picked RR3 up again since. It's an awesome game - when you're behind the wheel.

I do not like the timers one bit, no matter how short they are. I feel ripped off when I pay "good money" for something in the game, then am asked to pay even more to actually race. Getting hit twice like that ruins the experience for me. You wanna hold my game hostage, you can keep it. It really feels like a slap in the face to me.

I won't play this game, or any game, if they keep the timers. I just won't change my opinion on that, no matter how fast the timers are. It's just too "in your face" for me. We'll see what happens on the 28th.
I guess you won't ever be coming back to RR3, cause if you think EA will take out the timer all together you'll be sadly disappointed.

02-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman4200 View Post
I have a seprate NZ account for games like this that get realeased early in NZ. I've been doing it for years but when I searched around the other day I could find anything on it. Email me at family686@gmail.com and if your not going to abuse it and you'll use it the right way ill let you use my extra apple account for NZ to get Real Racing 3. I've been reading and it sounds like apple isn't allowing any NZ accounts to be made or just not letting them be made anywhere but New Zealand, I'm not sure about this but it just seems like a lot of peolple are having problems making or switching there's to NZ. I don't know if everyone else does this but try adding Random NZ address, phone number etc. and then switching or making the account New Zealand.
NZ accounts can be made without a problem at all. That's what I did. The problem is trying to get the free game while making an account on an iOS device. That's where it requires a payment method, and most people don't have that spare NZ payment method. Make the NZ account on the PC/Mac, and it takes less than a five minutes, without requiring a payment method.

Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
02-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I'm new to racing on iOS in this respect, but I'm pretty good on GT5/FM4. This is a new ballgame for me. I'll get there I hope lol. Right now, I'm a Loserz hehe...
I hereby proclaim myself the President of the Real Racing 3 Loserz Club. We will destroy the winnerz one day.

Oh, this painful...

Signed,
Connector
President of the Real Racing 3 Loserz Club!
02-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I hereby proclaim myself the President of the Real Racing 3 Loserz Club. We will destroy the winnerz one day.

Oh, this painful...

Signed,
Connector
I wanna join the RR3 Loserz club.........wait......damn, i can't join because i kill the competition in RR3 with my driving skillz!

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
02-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
I wanna join the RR3 Loserz club.........wait......damn, i can't join because i kill the competition in RR3 with my driving skillz!
LOL!! I laughed at first, then thought about you should be in a time out chair lol.

Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
02-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Dosnt the iPad 3 and 4 have anti aliasing?
02-17-2013, 08:21 PM
So people know - IOS 5 + Ipad 2 , it runs fine, it's a step up from RR2 albeit not a huge one, and it does run pretty cleanly (this may have something to do with me jailbreaking the ipad and setting things up at the OS level to work better but hey!)

Gamecenter : ThatFuzzyTiger
Twitter : @ThatFuzzyTiger
Steam : http://steamcommunity.com/id/thatfuzzytiger/
02-17-2013, 08:21 PM
My first reaction to RR3 being fremium? Rage! And not good Rage like that from ID software.

I've now sunk a good 3-4 hours play time, on and off over a weekend into RR3. I have spent no real money, and I haven't even spent the gold R things to speed up the process either, just hoarded them.

Over all, pretty impressed. Once you disable everything except traction control and enable manual accelerator, cars are a joy to drive and really engaging. Performance is exceptional on both my iPhone 5 (as you'd expect) but also my iPad mini.

I've unlocked a few cars, and as with any games like GT5 on my PS3, there is a bit of grinding ie you keep trying a race a few times to get first place, and eventually you can afford another car.

I like the implementation of the repair system, the fact that damage has a negative impact (stupid pun alert) ensures that you try to drive well, more like in real life. "There are a lot of cars slowing down into this corner, I should merge in and slow down and power out of the corner and overtake when I can" This mentality makes it more realistic than knowing "I'll slam full speed into some poor sod on the corner and use that collision to slow me down and overtake at the same time"

Repairs don't take long. Upgrades do take awhile. But due to my lifestyle I find I can't sit there for an hour at a time anyway. I can open the app. Do a few races, maybe four or five. Then set the car repairing and come back and play later.

Also worth note is that once you have bought other cars, you can drive one while the other is repairing. If you buy cars for different classes this lets you compete in races with your Dodge Challenger RT whilst waiting for the GTR R34 skyline to have its engine upgrades fitted.

So for me at least, (and everyone is different) the horrible disaster of the IAP system seems to not be so bad in reality.

Would I rather pay $19.95 for a 'pro' version without IAP? Absolutely! Gladly so. But is the current system enough to make me not play it? No. It's a good game.

My fear is EA will re-calculate the IAP system and cripple it further. Increase wait times, etc.

This is a game you do not want to install updates for without reading the description.

Tips: don't repair tyres, oil etc until you really need to. You want to save money to buy your next car. Drive gently and smoothly, take a racing line, brake into the corners and accelerate out of them.

Get a couple of upgrades eg start with the Silvia and upgrade the engine twice, but don't go nuts on the early cars. Save the money so you can get the better cars. I got the Silvia, then the Dodge, then the GTR R34 etc. Pick your cars well.

I don't have the focus yet, but when you unlock a tier that needs a specific car it is offered to you with a 20% discount but you have to have the money right then and there to take up the offer. Something to consider.

iPad 3G: The first personal computer.
02-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post

Oh, this painful...

Signed,
Connector
I shall see my driving skills later, then I will decided if I shall join this club of yours