★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to Zombie Crane Tower Defense! One of the bloodiest, most unique Free tower defense games on the App Store! Nothing but you, your crane, and hundreds of squishy, stupid zombies to smash! They will stop at nothing to escape! Use your crane, barricades, landmines, oil barrels, and explosive barrels to stop the onslaught before its too late! 30 levels of carnage!

This is a tower defense-style zombie defense game with a bloody twist! Test your smashing skills against hordes of relentless zombies who will try and destroy your Grinder to escape! Download now to experience one of a kind zombie defense action!

How to play:
You can win 2 ways. Fill the blood meter all the way or smash and kill all waves of enemies in the level. You can use the crane hand to smash or grab them. Once you grab a zombie, drop it in the grinder and grind it for blood! You can use the defensive items in the top right to help stop enemies but use wisely because they cost blood! You can't smash or grab if you don't have enough battery power so make sure to keep an eye on the battery meter in the top right corner! Want to know more? Keep reading!!


Where would a zombie defense game be without the perfect weapon! That's why we gave you the Zombie Crane! Use it to smash zombies or grab them and drop them into a Grinder! Grind them up to collect zombie blood! Fill the meter to win! Spend the blood you collect on upgrades!

Smashing zombies not your thing? Well you're in luck! We have granted you zombie slaughtering maniacs unlimited access to our endless supply of explosive barrels!

-Disclaimer: Use explosive barrels at your own risk. Common applications of explosive barrels include but are not limited to: dismembering, blowing up, killing, fragging, and many other zombie killing-related tasks. Please do not attempt to cuddle with explosive barrels. Please do not throw kittens or any other small animals at explosive barrels. Explosive barrels will not accept your friend request or like your photos. Explosive barrels do not twerk. Explosive barrels will not respond to your insults. In the event explosive barrels do respond to your insults, a full psychological evaluation is recommended.




We hope you like our take on classic tower defense! Check back for updates and other games!

This version is intended for use on the iPhone. iPad users should download "Zombie Crane Defense HD".

Lazius's comments:
Hey I just made a game called Zombie Crane that went live on App Store last night. I am looking for a few nice folks who wouldn't mind giving it a go and testing it out for me. It is sort of a re-imagining of classic zombie defense games. The objective is to fill the blood meter all the way by grabbing and grinding zombies or blowing them up and collecting their limbs.

It is NOT a pay-to-win game. It does have ads, but that is how I hope to pay my bills and maybe even feed my kids from time to time.

01-01-2014, 12:32 PM
#2
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,496
It's not bad, but the resolution is pretty low. Also, sometimes the controls are a bit unresponsive. I'm not sure how to judge gameplay, because where it seems like it might work, it doesn't feel like it does. Grabbing enemies takes almost all of your battery, and smashing them does just as near. It's almost like you want the player to kill all of the zombies instead of taking blood. Maybe a leveling upgrade system would make things progress a little smoother as well. The ads aren't that intrusive either, which is really appreciated. I hope this game turns into something more for you and it does well.

01-01-2014, 01:17 PM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Tried it, anyway to go universal?
01-02-2014, 10:14 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks for the input! I am actually fixing the resolution right now. I decreased to try and improve performance but instead I am making a separate build for 3gs users. On the controls, could you elaborate on which particular control is unresponsive so I can investigate? Also, I did include an upgrade system where you can spend your blood to increase battery recharger rate, better barricades, etc. Is that not what you are talking about? Anyhow I REALLY appreciate your input!
01-02-2014, 10:36 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 7,249
I'll try this out when I get off work, looks fun
01-04-2014, 11:49 AM
#6
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
It's not bad, but the resolution is pretty low. Also, sometimes the controls are a bit unresponsive. I'm not sure how to judge gameplay, because where it seems like it might work, it doesn't feel like it does. Grabbing enemies takes almost all of your battery, and smashing them does just as near. It's almost like you want the player to kill all of the zombies instead of taking blood. Maybe a leveling upgrade system would make things progress a little smoother as well. The ads aren't that intrusive either, which is really appreciated. I hope this game turns into something more for you and it does well.
Just released an update that includes high resolution assets. 3GS users will see performance issues so I also launched a 3GS version!
01-06-2014, 05:35 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazius View Post
Thanks for the input! I am actually fixing the resolution right now. I decreased to try and improve performance but instead I am making a separate build for 3gs users. On the controls, could you elaborate on which particular control is unresponsive so I can investigate? Also, I did include an upgrade system where you can spend your blood to increase battery recharger rate, better barricades, etc. Is that not what you are talking about? Anyhow I REALLY appreciate your input!
Sometimes when I would press the buttons it won't register , or maybe the timer on the crane is long.
01-06-2014, 10:53 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Sometimes when I would press the buttons it won't register , or maybe the timer on the crane is long.
Yeah the battery starts out with a slow recharge rate. I didn't want it to be too overpowered. The buttons will pulse when they are usable. You can upgrade it to speed it up quite a bit. It really helps. I think it is probably the most valuable upgrade. Either that or the barricades. Version 1.1 went live today!