Tasty Tadpoles: A casual pond based puzzler - launching this week!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TastyTadpoles, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TastyTadpoles

TastyTadpoles Well-Known Member

#1 TastyTadpoles, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

UPDATE: Tasty Tadpoles will now be released May 9th.

Hey everyone,
    Here's a sneak peek trailer for our upcoming game Tasty Tadpoles that will be launching May 9th.

The challenge is to lead your little tadpole to safety without getting eaten.

There are 3 ponds and 75 levels as well as a puzzle mode which limits the number of taps you can make to get your tadpole to safety.

It's a Universal app and will be available for 99c.

Stay tuned as we'll be running some competitions once the game goes live to win some plushies and t-shirts!

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    looks nice.... will check this one, once it hits AppStore

3. TastyTadpoles

Oh thanks @copaeci appreciate it!

Would you like a free promo code to have a play before its released?

4. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    #4 copaeci, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    Sure... If you don't mind... :)

why it got delay?

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Hello, looking forward to playing your game looks really fun, like the looks of it also. This is my kind of games I like.

6. TastyTadpoles

No worries at all! I'd be keen to hear your thoughts after you've had a play!

I delayed it because Rovio announced Angry Birds friends and also that massive game Star Command also got announced on the same day haha. What are the chances??

After working on it for so long I just wanted to try and give it the best shot for exposure as possible...

7. TastyTadpoles

Thanks Roger, just PMd you a code!

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Clearly my kind of game! I see why you delayed but won't you always face that? I say that very selfishly because I want to play!

9. TastyTadpoles

@New England Gamer Yeah! You're right, I'm sure next week there will be another huge studio releasing something haha. Though i'm not sure you can get any bigger than Rovio.... I've just got my fingers crossed it'll be a bit quieter than this week!

10. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    This game looks like it should be on the top 25 on the app store. Goodluck when its released. Im rooting for you guys :)

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Tasty tadpoles

Well first: thanks for the promo code, but I will buy the game anyway. Second:the game looks really fresh, the menu is well presented, I like a good menu. Third: I like the one touch mechanic, it works very well. I have played the first 8 levels just to unlock puzzle mode, which will give the game some great extra life. Overall: this is a game everybody will love, I will for sure.

12. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Looks good but wasn't this supposed to come out today?

13. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    Its delayed till next week.. :)

14. TastyTadpoles

Wow! Thanks @tso5818, such a huge compliment!

Thanks @ROGER-NL. I'm glad you like the simplicity of the control mechanic! I think the puzzle mode will be great for more skilled players who like to think things through. You quite often need to plan out every tap before you make your first move or else you get eaten or run out of taps. I'm keen to hear your thoughts once you get into the harder levels!

First of all, awesome aquatic related username! Secondly, yes it was... sorry about that, I hope you can hold out a week! We're taking the time to work on a few more promotional things before release and also trying to avoid going up against some bigger studio games on the Appstore this week. Though I'm sure something else will surface this week :)

15. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    First time I think it's quite easy to play the first pond... I got all 3 stars but I can't unlock the bonus levels. It said I should be chased by yellow frogs for 10 seconds. How does it work? I've tried to doing that advice on level 7, looks like already 10s too, but the levels haven't unlock yet. Any suggestion?

Second pond, nah... Here the true challenge comes.. The turtle makes me smile. I was eaten by him again...n again.. LOL
    I love the gameplay mechanic, tap to move.. The sensitivity is good, really easy to use the control.
    The puzzle mode, I haven't try it yet, but I believe it'll make harder the game, since in the second pond I've got harder feeling even in the first level (normal mode) :p but I like it... This game really has great potential.
    The graphic looks nice. However, I just feel the loading time a bit long, but it's okay.
    Anyway, For the next update I hope you can add Game Center achievements.
    Good luck for your game's release next week... :)
    Wish the best for your game... :D

16. TastyTadpoles

Thanks for the feedback that's great! Yes puzzle mode is much harder.

To unlock those bonus levels you just have to let the yellow chase you for 10secs without letting him go back to where he started. You can try dragging your finger around him in a circle or try 1-17 and hide behind a log while he swims towards you :)

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    To unlock the bonus levels is going in level 7 to the yellow and tap small bits around him, just a circle around him.

18. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    #18 copaeci, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    You're welcome...
    Anyway, thank you for giving me the code... Forgot to mention that in previous comment... :D and thank for the advise too.. :)

19. TastyTadpoles

No worries :)

20. TastyTadpoles

#20 TastyTadpoles, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013